Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds Closure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

jimmmy wrote: »
    Rumour has it that the Carraroe McDonalds is the quietest of all the McDonalds in the country. I guess when you see it in reality its not surprising. Its a few miles from the town centre, has no pedestrian traffic passing its door, has no apartments or houses within walking distance, and its drive through is off the beaten track / not direct access from a busy main road. Hence its not surprising to never ( or at least very seldom ) see any vehicles using its drive through as you sit in the car park eating your Big Mac. At least the likes of the 4 lanterns in the town always has someone queing at its cash register ( because of its location ) ... visit both restaurants to see. I have no connection to either restaurant.

Have you never heard of the Hawthorns housing estate situated behind the Retail Park,that's walking distance, so are all the houses on Pearse Road located in the vicinity, the housing estate opposite the Sligo Park Hotel, also within walking distance. Fair enough it's not in town but big deal and I doubt its the quietest Mc D's in the country? Anytime I have been in Mc D's in Carraroe there has always been someone else in there. You obviously go at the wrong time.

And Pearse Road is a busy road, obviously not as busy as the DC though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Anytime I have been in Mc D's in Carraroe there has always been someone else in there. You obviously go at the wrong time.
    You are correct. Sometimes there are a few customers in the whole restaurant , even during its limited opening hours. I have not been there often, but I did see a few other people there once. One noticeable difference between that and all other McD's I have been in though.....any other McD's were much busier.
    bobcar61 wrote: »
    And Pearse Road is a busy road, obviously not as busy as the DC though.

But the McD drive through is not even direct off the Pearse road, which is nowhere as busy as it used to be. To gain access to McD, you have to turn off the Pearse road , head towards those half empty / half full warehouse units, then turn left and head towards those nearest houses ( about 5 minutes walk away ), then turn left immediately and head down towards the McD property. At least you never have to queue for grub when you get there, although you may have to wait a while for them to cook it.

As someone once said "location, location, location".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I don't buy that the McDonalds isn't doing well.

I've never been inside it, but I've seen cars backed around the drive through and in the parking lot whenever I've been past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

If your walking to Mc D's from the town side just cut across the grass and your in,you don't have to walk up that way and it's not like it's too far off the beaten track,you make it sound like you have to drive another couple of miles off Pearse Road which it isn't.

As far as I'm concerned your the only one who thinks that Mc D's in Carraore is on the verge of closing,I'm fairly sure they are doing pretty well, otherwise they would have felt they may have needed to keep the lease on the one in town, which by the way didn't close because it wasn't making money, its because the lease was up.

What is your source to say that Mc Donald's is the worst preforming in Ireland?

Advertisement