Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E51 Fring not working ideas?

• 26-04-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I had fring working before. Its not now. it goes to make the call, I select skype out and it starts to make the connection then ends. The Fring test works, and cabbage works and theres credit in skype. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

That happens to me sometimes. It can take ages for skype to log in and sometimes it fails altogether. When you load it and you see your contacts. Until your skype contacts appear there it's not logged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Fring can be flakey at times, especially with Skype. I find Nimbuzz to be better most of the time, although it has its moments too and it's harder on the battery. I have them both there to back each other up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I made a call today on Fring (with Skypeout) to the UK and the person on the other end told me there was an echo. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I got it working. The numbers didn't have the international prefix. Doh! In my defence it wasn't my phone.

I tried a call the other week to a UK mobile and there was a bit of delay, not echo. Might depend on the network conditions at the time of the call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Again, my advice would be to try Nimbuzz. It usually has better voice quality in every respect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement