Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using skype on 3 with wireless in home

• 26-04-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi is there any way to use skype on three with the wireless internet in the house (as you would with an iphone) it seems there is no option in settings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Hi is there any way to use skype on three with the wireless internet in the house (as you would with an iphone) it seems there is no option in settings.

Friend of mine uses fring (www.fring.com), but she's not with 3, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'm with £, but I have a Skype-enabled phone from them, so I don't need to use wireless. Skype is already downloaded to my phone, and 3 don't charge to access it (whereas they charge to access other internetty bits).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Its not possible the 3 skype client will only work on 3's network. Try fring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The 3 skype service actually makes a gsm call so the wifi is not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 1sttimebuild

I realise it makes a call via the three net work but this only works if you have 3g reception if you don't have this in your house can you substitute your wireless internet for 3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I realise it makes a call via the three net work but this only works if you have 3g reception if you don't have this in your house can you substitute your wireless internet for 3g

As i've said above no you can't you can only make calls using 3's skype client using the 3 network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement