Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a dual sim adaptor with two Irish networks.

• 26-04-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Has anyone had any success using a dual sim adaptor (like this) on two Irish networks?

I know both sims are not active at the same time, but it might be good to put in a 3pay SIM to avail of their €9.99 1GB mobile internet allowance (your calls would remain through Meteor/O2/Vodafone). You would just switch sims when you needed to go online on your mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

IH77 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success using a dual sim adaptor (like this) on two Irish networks?

I know both sims are not active at the same time, but it might be good to put in a 3pay SIM to avail of their €9.99 1GB mobile internet allowance (your calls would remain through Meteor/O2/Vodafone). You would just switch sims when you needed to go online on your mobile.

Good spot. I was just thinking about something like that yesterday and thought it'd never happen! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

IH77 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success using a dual sim adaptor on two Irish networks?

Yes, they do work. As you say both wont be connected to the network at the same time. You can get dual sim phones that are built to have both sims connected at the same time. The type you linked to is good because it doesnt require cutting the cards like some do, but a lot of phones would have problems with 2 sims like that under the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Many dual sims wont work with 3G / High speed. Not sure about the one you linked to.

Plus your battery will be dead in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Had a horrible time trying out a "cut the SIM" version of this over the weekend. Wrecked the SIM card.

I can see the "no cut" working in older phones where there's room for the extra SIM but it won't be a universal solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

Tried one of these. It didn't work with a Nokia 1200 or Nokia 6300.

Space between the battery and cover was the issue with the 6300. As for the 1200. It kept telling me to insert a SIM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement