Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland atm problem last night

Options
  • 26-04-2009 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have a problem withdrawing money using any ATM on bank of ireland accounts last night around midnight?

Tried atleast 5 around the Grafton Street area, including a BOI one - and one of them would let me withdraw money - had to wait til around 2 or 3 to get cash out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Same happened in Waterford, funnily enough. Was a few people giving out about it in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 seanieb

I think it was a countrywide thing. They were out in Galway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Laser wasn't working either... Stupid bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Yeah some of the lads had that problem last night. Very odd altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

same in cork last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I live in Swords and tried two ATM's at about 9ish neither of which worked.

That being said I could use my laser unlike Dave Eyesclosed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Same around Glasnevin Drumcondra and Phibsboro. There was a problem with the shops thing as well but thankfully there was one working in the Spar at the NCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Grant Stevens

They are experiencing major IT setbacks today...can't log in to 365. They have also reduced their cash flow apparently. Maybe BOI bosses have used up all the funding for the IT side of things!

Here's a notice from the website a minute ago;

IMPORTANT CUSTOMER MESSAGE: MAJOR IT ISSUE
    Bank of Ireland confirms that an unforeseen technical issue has impacted some of our operating systems this morning and our telephone and online banking services are currently unavailable. However, all branches are open and operating as normal but with a temporary restricted cash service. All ATMs are operating normally but with a restricted cash service for Bank of Ireland cardholders. Some customers may be unable to conduct point-of-sale transactions but Bank of Ireland credit card transactions are unaffected. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience they are experiencing and wish to assure them that we are working with our IT partners to ensure that all services are reinstated as a priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Big thread in AH about it, countrywide thing. People who had no money in their accounts were able to withdraw money. The queue's outside some ATM's were unreal. Sick for them when they have to pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thread is over a year old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement