Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Cat problem.

Options
  • 26-04-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I'm not really sure what I should do, so was hoping for some advice:o

My male cat- hes about 1y6mths old- (he has been neutered since he was about 7 months old) has been wandering for the last couple of weeks. I don't know what has caused this behaviour as he used to love being in the house and would barely leave to go to the toilet! He disappeared on Wednesday, and showed up this morning for about 5mins before leaving again! He didn't want any pets, and had no intrest in his sister.

I was thinking the next time he comes back to keep him in, but that may be cruel(?), as he clearly doesnt want to stay anymore.

I think someone else has taken him in although he has a collar on with my address and is chipped, but he looks fine and seems to be eating well- wherever he goes:rolleyes:

Anyway, if anyone has any tips that will encourage him to stay at home, I would really appreciate it as I miss him being around.

P.S if it matters I got both cats from a farm- they are from two different litters but are the same age. The female was was alot more cagey of humans when we got them, but you cant tear her off now:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

chances are he has found another house, we used to get "visiting cats" they would stay for a day or two and head home. if your really worried try find his 2nd home and ask them to txt/ring just so you know where he is. there isnt alot you can do to encourage him to stay other than food and bedding. keeping him inside might work or it could backfire! one of our cats moved in with his new family and he was happy there so we left him.

Advertisement