Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living/Working in Carrigtwohill

Options
  • 26-04-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I am moving to Carrigtwohill next week to start work in the IDA Industrial Park.

I don't drive so would it be feasible to live in city centre and commute to work?

Whats the bus service like to the city centre? Is there a nightlink service?

Whats the town like in general?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The buses to Carrigtwohill are fairly regular, the Midleton (timetable) and Youghal (as well as Ardmore/Whitegate/Cloyne etc) buses take the Glounthaune/Carrig route unless it is an express bus. The last bus back to the city goes through Carrigtwohill about 11:15.

There is also supposed to be a train station in Carrigtwohill once the line is finished.

As for your question about living in the town, I don't live there, only pass through, so can't answer that, but there should be someone here that will be able to answer that for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I work in Cork and live in Carrig.

The bus would be fine depending on the time you will have to start, a bit of a pain in the ass though, although you might be able to arrange spins from a co-worker once you start.

Carrig is grand, I'm living there about 2 years now after moving here from Douglas (cheap rent). I do drive though and that makes it a lot easier.

There is an Aldi, Centra & Costcutter.
    Chinese, Indian and 2 chippers (only chinese nice really)
    Apache Pizza
    Few pubs (Guilders the best)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

I've been living and working in Carrigtohill for the last 3 years. There is a bus stop right outside the IDA park which you can get off at. I'm not sure the times but there shouldn't be really any problems getting a bus from the city to carrig. Also if you have a bike you could get the inter city train to Glounthaune and cycle the 10 minutes to the IDA park.

Carrig is a fine town to live in. As murphym7 said there are a number of pubs etc. The rent in the town isn't very expensive either.

Drop me a pm if you want to know anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

You can't actually take a bike on the Cork/Glounthaune train unless it's a folding one. I've seen one guy do that daily. A few people leave bikes in Glounthaune station and cycle Carrig direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

murphym7 wrote: »
    I work in Cork and live in Carrig.

The bus would be fine depending on the time you will have to start, a bit of a pain in the ass though, although you might be able to arrange spins from a co-worker once you start.

Carrig is grand, I'm living there about 2 years now after moving here from Douglas (cheap rent). I do drive though and that makes it a lot easier.

There is an Aldi, Centra & Costcutter.
    Chinese, Indian and 2 chippers (only chinese nice really)
    Apache Pizza
    Few pubs (Guilders the best)
    I know this thread is old but Jack Spratts is a great pub and he'll order in takeaway some nights at the end of the night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement