Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mobile meets these requirements?

• 26-04-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi there, i am hoping i might get a bit of guidance in choosing a mobile phone. it is for my mother, i went through with her what type of phone she wants as in what features are important to her and stuff and shes given me some answers there, problem is i know nothing about mobile phones myself!

The most important features are a big screen and good camera - hopefully not too big a handset but of course screen size will influence this anyway. These are the main deciding factors, after this she doesn't have a love of flip phones but would live with it if everything else was good, and i know myself she likes the ability to be able to change the cover so that would be a bonus but not necessarily a requirement.

She is currently ready-to-go but i think a move to bill is a good idea anyway so that would be an option. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help and advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Big screen, good camera ... Let's see

Which mobile operator is she with or does it matter to her ?

You'll have to decide on touchscreen / keypad first I suppose.

If the good lady can live with touchscreen then maybe one of the recent Samsungs (Tocco Ultra / Innov8) ?

if not then a Nokia N95/N95 8GB or N82 I would say, or the Sony Ericcson C905 ?

Check out the phone finder on www.gsmarena.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Sony Ericsson W595. It's a 3meg camera, big screen, on all networks both prepay or bill pay, and it comes in 3 or 4 different colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Regarding the changeable covers, most phones dont have that now, unless you disassemble the phone. One option with express cover changing is the Nokia 7310 Supernova The camera is only 2Mp so may not be good enough for you? Or is the screen big enough?

Lots of phones have bigish screens, and good cameras. Anything else that she wants? Would she be ok with touchscreen? Price limit?

Something like the Nokia 5800 is very popular at the moment, screen as big as your going to get, but its a touch screen phone. Camera is 3.2Mp so probably good enough for what you want.

Samsung Tocco also meets your requirements. Has quite a big screen and a 5Mp camera. Nokia N95 old reliable. Been around for a while, but still a top class phone. Has a 5Mp camera and a huge range of other features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Davy wrote: »
    Something like the Nokia 5800 is very popular at the moment, screen as big as your going to get, but its a touch screen phone. Camera is 3.2Mp so probably good enough for what you want.

Unfortunately the camera on the 5800 sucketh.

Brings up the question - "good camera" as in just showing people pics on the phone or "good camera" as in maybe getting prints from shots from the phone ?

A good 3.2 MP camera (eg Sony Ericsson K800i) would do for the latter IMHO, but 5MP is standard these days. Again, check reviews for actual camera performance.

Advertisement