Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil tankl level monitor

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for an Oil tankl level monitor. some suggested the WatchmanSonic. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The Watchman is the best known one, it has been around for about 20 years. Early ones gave a lot of trouble, bu tthe newer one seems to be a different design.
    There also seems to be one called the Apollo - I have never seen one.
    These are both electronic.
    There is also the type where a tube runs up the side of the tank and you see the oil level.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I got a watchman last year for 60 euro in atlantic homecare.

takes 20 mins to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You will never beat a watchman, available in most stores, woodies atlantic and homebase,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

seems like you've got to drill into the tank to fit them. Does this mean the tank has to be empty as you don't want shavings in the oil. Or how do you fit them?

BostonB wrote: »
    seems like you've got to drill into the tank to fit them. Does this mean the tank has to be empty as you don't want shavings in the oil. Or how do you fit them?

You can fit them through the second opening on the top drilling the lid taken off . They use a sonic frequency so dont require strict rules as to where they are fit once its on top and in a sensable place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't know if the tank has a second opening on the to. I'd have to check that. It's an old tank.

You can still drillthrough the first lid but its good to keep one lid static if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Where is the best place to purchase the oil watchman ? Do Woodies and Atlantic still have them ?

I couldn't find anything on their web pages.....

P.

bauderline wrote: »
    Where is the best place to purchase the oil watchman ? Do Woodies and Atlantic still have them ?

I couldn't find anything on their web pages.....

P.

See post 3 and post 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

lol!

That was three months ago... that's a long time nowadays... ;)

Thanks... I will scoot scross to Atlantic at lunchtime.

P.

• Advertisement

bauderline wrote: »
    lol!

That was three months ago... that's a long time nowadays... ;)

Thanks... I will scoot scross to Atlantic at lunchtime.

P.

It prob took you a long time to find it so, Would have taken you 5 mins to read the whole thread. :D Be careful with the watchman. It works using sonic waves down a tube so dont cut it to short. Have it going as far as you want the level going, Most people set it to the bottom I think this is wrong as there is sludge in the bottom and you dont want this sucked up.

Best of luck

Advertisement