Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page load delay

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

I've got a 6mb connection with BT (but my line is only capable of 3Mb).

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks the time it takes to load a page has gone up significantly.

I've run speed tests a few times and it seems to be ok (usually getting about 2.6mb download speed).

Basically, pages I load up take ages for the initial images/text/whatever to load up. Once it starts loading, it's quick enough.

I'm wondering if there's any settings I can change in firefox to speed this up. I remember reading something about that before. I've also tried other browsers but have the same trouble.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Actually, I should mention that on this site, the delay occurs after the boards logo appears top left, and the menu appears at the very top (boards.ie, advers.ie, subbed, arts, biz etc.)

There's a significant delay then in the rest of the page loading

Advertisement