Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalise Cannabis protest on May 9th. Anyone going?

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey,
    Anyone else going to the protest? I went last year and it was great day. It was very relaxed, even the gardai were haha

I can't believe it's the third year in Dublin, should be great

more info on all events on www.cannabisireland.net
    Legalise Cannabis March and Rally 2009 - Dublin and Cork

Assemble: 1.30 pm May 9th
    Dublin - Garden of Rememberance, Parnell Square
    Cork - Bishop Lucy Park, Grand Parade

Spread the good word,!.

Education is Key! Contact us about anything to do with cannabis

Legalise Cannabis! -Cannabis users are NOT criminals!

Join us in the fight to legalise the world's most popular illegal plant.

Legalise Cannabis March and Rally 2009 - Dublin and Cork

<snip - mod>

Assemble: 1.30 pm

Dublin - Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square

Cork - Bishop Lucy Park, Grand Parade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mod Note.

You may discuss this event, but you may not discuss the ins and outs of legalising Cannabis.

There are Politics and Humanities for that.

Thanks

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Des wrote: »
    Mod Note.

You may discuss this event, but you may not discuss the ins and outs of legalisition

Might be a little difficult to discuss the event without discussing what the even is about :-/

...but yeah, I'm planing on attending. Went last year but was a little disappointed that the group was made up almost entirely of studients and, for lack of a better word, crusties. I.e the obvious and easily dismissed.

I know support for canabis legalization goes beyond these groups.. But I reckon more casual supporters aren't overly interested in marching alongside the unwashed stoner masses.

Not a reason not to march; just an observation.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Might be a little difficult to discuss the event without discussing what the even is about :-/
    Nope, it shouldn't be too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

will make no difference whatsoever. I'm defo not wasting my day like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Jay D wrote: »
    will make no difference whatsoever. I'm defo not wasting my day like that.
    As opposed to doing nothing at all, which will really show 'em, eh?

It's about an hour out of your Saturday afternoon, hardly wasting a whole day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

im going to protest by sitting at home and smoking weed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Goodshape wrote: »
    As opposed to doing nothing at all, which will really show 'em, eh?

It's about an hour out of your Saturday afternoon, hardly wasting a whole day.

well this is it considering how in touch society is with reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cheeseandonion

Des wrote: »
    Mod Note.

You may discuss this event, but you may not discuss the ins and outs of legalising Cannabis.

The event is all about discussing the ins and outs of legalising cannabis. It goes hand in hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

I will be working so unfortunately will not be able to make it. Legaisation will not come to fruition from marches like this alone, but it is a step. We need support from all members of society, not just the "crusties" as has already been mentioned.

I think we are all aware that politicians and those in charge will do what the public want, so we need over 50 per cent of the population to be in favour of decriminalization, ideally closer to 75 per cent, as few like to rock the status quo.

This can only be achieved by truthful, honest education. We need to make people aware of the good that comes from smoking cannabis, to the reasons why prohibition is negative position. It is not enough to run down alcohol and tobacco in comparison, although this is a good method for putting things in perspective.

Don't be afraid to publically admit you smoke cannabis. DOn't be afradi of the gardai, or that your public image will suffer. There is nothing wrong with being high, and until all those who enjoy the 'erb stand up for what they believe in our right to smoke cannabis will continue to be denied.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The event is all about discussing the ins and outs of legalising cannabis. It goes hand in hand

Indeed that's what the event is all about (that and more I'd say) but the Thread is about whether you'll be going to that event (where such discussion will take place and that's the right place for it). So not really hand in hand by any stretch.

I'm gonna pop along with the camera to take some snaps and to add my support to the event (and have a bit of a laugh).

PS thanks to the OP as I didn't realise it was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Lads, who are we kidding? They'll all be too stoned to bother their arses protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

This is idiotic.

You know what would happen if we legalised cannabis? Every benefit-claiming junkie in europe would flock here. We'd be a tourist desitantion for hash heads. I've nothing against hash personally, but I've been to Amsterdam and I don't want to live there or an Irish version of there.

The law always works 90%. In other words, you make it illeagal, it's slightly tricky to get. You make it legal, suddenly it's proliferated and harder drugs become only slightly tricky to get - like they are now, but more open.

As I said I've nothing against smoking it, I don't think the people who do it are bad but every single one that I know is a downright loser with no job, no prospects of a job in the immediate future, no brain, no ambition, nothing. If you want it move to Amsterdam or something.

Three infractions in thirteen posts.

Why can people not read simple instructions?

I'm closing this thread, it's not worth the hassle.

If you want to talk about legalising cannabis, take it to the appropriate forums, as outlined above, by me.

Thanks

Des

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement