Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Free Web Developer programmes out there?

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a web site which I built myself (only starting) called www.rosscarbery.eu which I build using Google site builder, however I did not want to take their hosting and this is the line they printed right accross my site. This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Yahoo! Web Hosting commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder. Is there any way of getting rid of it? Failing that can any body sugest a free web developer programme that I can use to build a new web site. I can then upload it using firefox FTP.
    Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭LowOdour

If you see the source there is this:
    <!--$begin exclude$--><div style="position:absolute;left:50;top:50;background:white"><font
    color=black>This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To
    create a viewable file, use the <b>Preview in Browser</b> or <b>Publish to Yahoo! Web
    Hosting</b> commands from within Yahoo! SiteBuilder.</font></div><!--$end exclude$-->

Dont know anything about Google site builder but Id say its something thats added, and then displayed if you decide not to use their hosting. Many people that might use their site builder may not have good html knowledge so may not be able to change it.

If you remove the line above from your html then it will be gone from your page.

Advertisement