Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upolsterers in Cork

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hey, the parents are looking to get some stuff re-upolstered (think thats how its spelt), and i'm just looking to get them any feedback about ppl as i can. They tried a guy in Blarney, and werent that impressed, so if anyone knows of anyone else, please let me know. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I'll get a name and number for you tomorrow as I don't have it with me, the guy is expensive but good. PM if I forget.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mountain

there is a guy called Des McStay, used have a place near the Jail Cross, not sure if he has moved, and a place near the bottom of shandon street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Cheers lads

How'd you get on?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

There is a fella on the Magazine Road at the junction with Horgans Buildings. He is just down that junction about 30 yards on the left. I was happy with his job on my chair & reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

MC, I'm just passing on the details to the father to be honest, so i must get back onto the to see. He tends to procrastinate a wee bit tho and put things on the long finger.

And trojan, thanks, i'll pass on the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I Purchased a Sofa from Mc Stays and was disappointed with the Quality. The finish on the tacking is bumpy at the edges and the Seat Pad slips forward off the Frame which means you have to get up frequently and push it back into place. I think you will get much better quality elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DerMutt

My brother-in-law got their sofa & chair re-upholstered by Cork Deaf Enterprises in Ballinlough, they did a very nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

my mother got her couch re-done lately - a guy down in Glanmire (Eddie) - he did a brilliant job (if you want to get his mobile, etc PM me) - he doesn't have a big warehouse or anything, so he doesn't have those huge overheads, but he's a decent guy and does a brill job

DerMutt wrote: »
    My brother-in-law got their sofa & chair re-upholstered by Cork Deaf Enterprises in Ballinlough, they did a very nice job.

Heard they do a great job, we have two chairs that need to be done and the cost is reasonable too.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Seen recently on an upholsterers van in Dublin

We do three types of work - good -quick - cheap. You can have any two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tomkins

budhabob wrote: »
    Hey, the parents are looking to get some stuff re-upolstered (think thats how its spelt), and i'm just looking to get them any feedback about ppl as i can. They tried a guy in Blarney, and werent that impressed, so if anyone knows of anyone else, please let me know. thanks in advance.
    I have had work done by a Seamus Russell out the cork mallow road and found him good and not too expensive but its over two years now so i dont know if he is still there worth looking up in the golden pages. He is honest and no prob recommending him and I am fussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tomkins

donk know if my ans was regristered or not would recommend a Seamus Russell out the mallow road from Cork. Good and not too expensive. I am fussy and was pleased:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Neela

I would recommend Mcstays's sofa's. I got a fabulous couch off them recently, great quality and Im very pleased with it. My grandparents and parents have used them for years with no problems and was the main reason I chose to use them myself having seen the quality etc. hth

Advertisement