Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 gun and 1 gun only

Options
  • 26-04-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

hi i was just wondering what ye people would have if you were allowed 1 gun and 1 gun only, whether it would be a shotgun, rifle, air gun or hand gun and what you would go for, personally i'd love to have a sako stainless hunter in .223 or .204 http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?hunterss_showdata
    with a good quality scope like a schmidt and bender 4-16x50 or a swarovski z6i 3-18x50 P BT L http://www.triebel.de/bilder/swa_ballistik_turm_z6.jpg and a good moderator or else a cheap and fun cz .22 like i already have because even though its the cheapest of the guns me and my father have its still the one that gets the most use:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

depends........ hunting a rifle for sure,close quarter combat a 12gauge, stuck in a desert a super soaker LOL:D Tis just one of those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ah ya but the super soaker is no fun unless pamela anderson is with you wearin a white t-shirt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

And this is what I have coming in 308.
    SAKO 75 VARMINT LAMINATED STAINLESS

varmintlamss75.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

nice looking piece of kit clive

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Think I'd stick with frankenrifle if I really had to.

DSC00596a.JPG

DSC00598a.JPG

But I'd be the lesser for not getting the trigger control practise I get with my Glock 46m :D And it's nice to do some smallbore shooting for a bit of variety as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If I could have only one gun ever and I could afford it this would be one half of this pair of beauties :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

It'd have to be my Ruger 10 22, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Its a practical and fun gun that is cheap to run and reliable. What more could you need.:D

By the way that is a sweet looking rifle Clive; lovely stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I've been in love with the SVD since before I can remember.
    I have to look into getting one, even if it isn't a real SVD...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I've been in love with the SVD since before I can remember.
    I have to look into getting one, even if it isn't a real SVD...
    ive seen a few straightpulls about the place. Semis can be imported too, there not real svds but romanian copy. Its closeist ull get to the real thing. If ur interested i know of a secondhand 1 for sale. Think the guy is lookin for bout 1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

my all time favorite would have to be a Heckler & Koch PSG 1..... But there over 8grand so abit out of my league at the min !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Semi auto 12g shotgun, and alway's have food on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If only 1 I'd go for My Beretta 391

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

I'd have to go for a German drilling, side by side 16 gauge with a 7x57 under. I once saw a four barrel one as above but with a .22lr as well. That would be really sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Breachloader

For Ireland would have to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon III Sporter. A half decent gun that lets me Hunt Pheasant and duck in Winter and bust clays in summer...

OR

North America
    Remington 870 Express... = Upland, Waterfowl and Clays... Throw a scope on her and fire slugs = Deer and Fox gun...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I've not seen many reviews of it, yet, but right now I'd have to go with the KelTec RFB. Nice big common round, in a small package.Suitable for all sorts of work from hunting through zombie apocalypse defence. Might buy one next year.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

Would have to be a shotgun, so much more you fun you can with it compared to a rifle, clays, rabbits and birds, the moving target is more interesting, got a .22 licence at the start of the year and though it works well for one kill, getting a second shot and/or a shot at a moving target is impossible.

As for what shotgun well having just recently purchased 1 i couldn't say anything against a beretta 686.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Well, if money and licences weren't an option.... to hell with it... anything by Barrett in .50cal. Just think.. you could shoot anything from 100-1000 yards, reloading would be fun and you could make the most of Midlands. Probably wouldnt want to eat anything shot with it, but what a rush! And it would look something else next to the .22 CZ at home!

I can just imagine it now... "Hey Sarge... I'm thinking of a new rifle".."What'cha looking for bigred?".."Something with a bit more oomph than my .22. Something with a bit more range..".."So what is it then..?".. ".50cal Sarge..".."Sure, no bother - do you want me to just mark up your current cert?"
    [Too many cans of Druids cider mess with the mind...Oh to dream!]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Mine would be a Savage Mako heavy barrel in .243 ( 58 to 100gr - fox to deer) with accu trigger:

Talo-tiger.jpg

and I would have to throw in a high power air rifle which has vairable power settings.

Advertisement