Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Poker Show - Live from 8pm Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

NickyOD wrote: »
    Will the podcast for the entire show be available for download? I missed the first half.

Nicky sorry I misread your message I thought you said that you missed the first half an hour !

The podcasts should be up soon.

Sorry if I gave the impression that the show was anything less that brilliant :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I wish I had of checked this thread yesterday evening....Thought there was something wrong with my media player so I logged off the site :(

Let us know when the podcast goes up please Ciaran.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Anyone wanna make a bet on how long it takes Hellmuth to mention his 11 bracelets tonight. I'l going for 45 seconds.

Will take bets on the over/under. all bets are off if Jesse,Padraig or someone else leads him into it.

On tonight's show we'll be catching up with the Boatman brothers, speaking to some of the 'graders' taking Neil Channing's Black Belt Poker challenge, and - of course - our special guest tonight is Phil 'Poker Brat' Hellmuth!

Click here to listen in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 claude1976

The poker show is up and running again tonight and it is totally better than last night... Phil Hellmuth on the show live at 9pm... should be interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Anyone wanna make a bet on how long it takes Hellmuth to mention his 11 bracelets tonight. I'l going for 45 seconds.

Will take bets on the over/under. all bets are off if Jesse,Padraig or someone else leads him into it.

i think u were right on the money Nicky. He's the most fascinating player in the world according to at least one player in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

ffs put this on for 20 minutes before I was heading out at 8.30, I'm still at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

nicnicnic wrote: »
    ffs put this on for 20 minutes before I was heading out at 8.30, I'm still at home.

lol nic...ya should just download d podcast when they elease it tommoro

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Does anyone think Jesse sounds a lot like Mike Johnson who does the twoplustwo podcast?

Never noticed it before with commentating but their interviewing styles are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

That was pretty good :)

• Advertisement

i think u were right on the money Nicky. He's the most fascinating player in the world according to at least one player in the world.

will have to check the podcast again. Think 45 seconds was just about spot on. :)

the last hour was fccuing great.

i hope they have enough content for 3 nights a week.

if they do, that is, if they can get enough real players to talk as they do at the bar, then this little radio show with its odd connection, could be the best and funniest poker show right now on the planet.

at worst, its great fun, please allow swearing producers!

i'm a bottle of wine to the wind but i genuinely loved the last hour, loved it!

tomorrow night is Irish night.

i have no idea what that means but I'll be listening. donnacha o'dea is on who is in my top three of irish players, a quiet unassuming fellow who will steal ur socks if ur not watching, kinda like Scott Gray.

nicnicnic wrote: »

somebody whose name rhymes bit nicnicwit is being interviewed tomorrow, is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

somebody whose name rhymes bit nicnicwit is being interviewed tomorrow, is that correct?

I herd Jessy say they were gonna try track me down so I guess I'll give them a bell during the show.

This definitely has great potential, they should do a forum static piece from boards like they do on the 2+2 pod

If you call the show tonight between 8pm-11pm on 0208 123 7820 (or ThePokerShow on Skype) you could walk away with $100 in a Boylepoker account! At the end of the show all callers will go into a hat and we will have A WINNER!

Tuesday 28th April - Irish Night!

Tonight we'll be talking all things 'Irish Open'. We'll catch up with runner-up, Kara Scott, talk to Donnacha O'Dea, Ciaran O'Leary, and a host of other Irish Open attendees.
    Tonight we'll also be speaking with Ian Frazer about the recent Bluff Academy, finding out the latest news from Dusk Til Dawn, and airing the final part of our Dan Harrington interview.

Not sure you're going to get Donocha. He'll be half way through the first day of play in Monte Carlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Tonight we'll also be speaking with Ian Frazer

At least the rest of the show sounds good :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Not sure you're going to get Donocha. He'll be half way through the first day of play in Monte Carlo.

It was an interview done during the IO, the 'Don' was on good form.

last nights show was excellent, we will have it up on the site by the end of the week with a guide to the different parts
    i.e.
    20.00-20.30 intro + news
    20.30-20.47 Hellmuth interview etc etc
    We actually got a world exclusive last night, Hellmuth admitting him and Scotty are going to sensitivity training before the WSOP! lol

The Donnacha O'Dea interview was pre recorded. I was lucky enough to be there when it was held . It is top class IMBO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Dammit i`m goin to miss tonights show..Any chance ya can put my name in d draw???:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

did anyone else have problems trying to stream the live feed last night? I got an error message when trying to stream it in windows media player and also real player and flash didnt work either???

jpr1973 wrote: »
    did anyone else have problems trying to stream the live feed last night? I got an error message when trying to stream it in windows media player and also real player and flash didnt work either???

there werent any reported issues . You hardly got a screen grab of the error?

jpr1973 wrote: »

I added the stream to iTunes with no problems. Try that. Windows Media Player must die.

It was an interview done during the IO, the 'Don' was on good form.

last nights show was excellent, we will have it up on the site by the end of the week with a guide to the different parts
    i.e.
    20.00-20.30 intro + news
    20.30-20.47 Hellmuth interview etc etc
    We actually got a world exclusive last night, Hellmuth admitting him and Scotty are going to sensitivity training before the WSOP! lol

Excellent stuff Paul. I'm glued to the show at the moment. Hat's off to you and Boyle's for helping it get off the ground. I was a huge fan of the original. Jesse and Padraig together is a deadly combination. They leave me in ****ing stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Excellent stuff Paul. I'm glued to the show at the moment. Hat's off to you and Boyle's for helping it get off the ground. I was a huge fan of the original. Jesse and Padraig together is a deadly combination. They leave me in ****ing stitches.

I was a big fan of the original also but i think this will be better, last night proved that to me, how good was the 'Jeff Duvall' call? I was laughing my balls off.

I was a big fan of the original also but i think this will be better, last night proved that to me, how good was the 'Jeff Duvall' call? I was laughing my balls off.

It will definitely better. Hundereds of thousands of poker players playing online every night and tonnes of them will want to tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is the quality of the stream any better in any of the other media players? I'm just using the 128k Flash stream for convenience but it's very hard to make out what they're saying given the fighting that's going on for microphone :).

Should make for good listening though!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

dont have a clue what i'm using but the show sounds great, was a bit confused there for a second at the start when pp said it was the last show ever :eek: neadless to say he was joking

;) nice one gary, ballsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You played a blinder Nicky. Really enjoying this.

Advertisement