Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor store patrick street

Options
  • 26-04-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Do they go out of their way to hire the rudest staff imaginable?

Went in there yesterday and went directly up to a lady, whom i presume was the manager, to purchase a phone. She was texting on her phone and when she saw me approach she huffed, rolled her eyes and told me to join the que. Fair enough, i didnt realise there was a que, but her manner and the fact that she was too busy texting on her phone bugged me. I then heard her share a joke and discuss what she was going to wear on her night out, while the number of customers grew. Its the worst case of customer service i had dealt with.

rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i was in there recently they weren't rude just very disorganised. i signed up for a bill pay account i dunno why i even bothered after the trouble it was to sign up. when ever i brought in forms for them they would lose them.

i'm surprised they didn't give me a hard time for using an unlocked phone on their network, like most mobile phone companies seem to shun people who don't buy the phone from the network and leave it locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Meteor have been like this since day one, surprised they are still in business.

MC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got very good customer service when I was in there a few months ago. It was a guy about my age who was really helpful and answered all the questions I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daniellemoore87

I am so glad someone else has noticed this on 3 different occasions I've gone in and got the same treatment each time. I think I may have possibly had an encounter with that girl mentioned below where when I appraoched her at the till she told me to queue because she was finished! I've taken all my meteor business to the 3g shop in merchants quay theyre really helpful there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Agreed. While I've dealt with one or two reasonable people in there, on the whole I've found them disorganised, unmotivated and occasionally rude.
    Changing away from Meteor as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I was in there about two months ago and have to say they couldn't of been more helpful. Two young lads were serving me, i'd say they were in about mid 20's. They were so helpful, answered all my questions for me and helped me find exactly what I was looking for, was quite impressed with the service actually. Surprised to hear otherwise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I bought a phone in the meteor shop in blackpool a few months ago. Wasnt sure which one to get so asked one of the staff to help, he picked up a nokia phone, and said it was a great phone. I then told him I wanted a phone with big memory to store, ringtones, and pics etc. He told me that, that nokia phone would be perfect. All in all Id say I was in there 7 mins, and left with my new phone.
    Went home, downloaded a ringtone, and to my horror, the memory was full, it had a tiny memory!! Rang the shop explained the story, and was told, if the phone wasnt faulty it cant be exchanged. Was disgusted, rang a manager and she was so rude, and didnt care. I hate dealing with them! If they dont like the job, and dont have good people skills, they shouldnt take the job.
    Sorry its so long, needed a rant!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're owned and operated by Eircom, I'm surprised people are, well, surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

the meteor shop on patrick street is my preferred place of buying a phone. they are usually really helpful and good humoured. maybe it depends how much your paying for a new phone?
    i went into the meteor shop in blackpool to get the cheapest phone possible to cover me while i sorted out a new phone and i got treated like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

the meteor shop on patrick street is my preferred place of buying a phone. they are usually really helpful and good humoured. maybe it depends how much your paying for a new phone?
    i went into the meteor shop in blackpool to get the cheapest phone possible to cover me while i sorted out a new phone and i got treated like crap.

How could she know how much i was paying for a phone without attempting to sell me one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement