Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid magnet LLU question

Options
  • 26-04-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Good morning all...

I just got my Magnet connection (DSL, LLU) installed (well, they sent me a modem) and i hooked it up... since there is no mention in the manual about a DSL splitter, i have not hooked one up... its direct to the phone line. i am getting about 3-4mb a sec (little less than i was getting on BT) and i am wondering should i have the splitter on the line? any one know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

lotas wrote: »
    Good morning all...

I just got my Magnet connection (DSL, LLU) installed (well, they sent me a modem) and i hooked it up... since there is no mention in the manual about a DSL splitter, i have not hooked one up... its direct to the phone line. i am getting about 3-4mb a sec (little less than i was getting on BT) and i am wondering should i have the splitter on the line? any one know?

Thanks.

You mean the filter? If so it's a very good idea if you intend to use any other devices on your phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

yea, i meant the filter... but there is nothing else on the line... the modem they gave me does everything. i get no dial tone on the line... the eircom guy called it a LEAP line... what ever that means... my phone is plugged into the modem... i might just chance my arm and plug in the filter and see what happens... whats the worst that can go wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

You don't need a filter with Magnet LLU. They use a VOIP system for phone calls.

Magnet bought Leap a few years ago, the DSL lines could be registered with Eircom in their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

grand job. that answers that then.

Thanks.

Advertisement