Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing: Capping a pipe?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Thread is 2 and half years old peeps

Does it make the information any less relevant? Peeps indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bette wrote: »
    Does it make the information any less relevant? Peeps indeed!

Well considering that the OP was
    azzeretti wrote: »
    ....in the middle of removing an ensuite.....

.....over 2 years ago......yeah, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ah, the old days before we had a plumbing and heating forum.

Well considering that the OP was

.....over 2 years ago......yeah, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant.

In the meantime, there may be some who might experience the same problem. They certainly wouldn't get any help from arseholes and smart remarks wouldn't be much help either.

Is you village missing someone?

In the meantime, there may be some who might experience the same problem. They certainly wouldn't get any help from arseholes and smart remarks wouldn't be much help either.
    Well if you actually bothered to read the thread you would've noticed that I actually offered the OP helpful advice which you actually confirmed......smartarse. You would've also noticed the date of the original post. I was just pointing this out. You're the one that got all thick about it.

Is you village missing someone?
    Yeah, they've been looking for you all week. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well if you actually bothered to read the thread you would've noticed that I actually offered the OP helpful advice which you actually confirmed......smartarse. You would've also noticed the date of the original post. I was just pointing this out. You're the one that got all thick about it.

Yeah, they've been looking for you all week. :rolleyes:

You're a real knight in shining armour! Not a very clever one, nor a diplomatic one either. And piggybacking jokes is fail!

You're a real knight in shining armour! Not a very clever one, nor a diplomatic one either. And piggybacking jokes is fail!

What's that saying about never arguing with an idiot?!

You keep arguing with yourself buddy.

Over and outs. :cool:

What's that saying about never arguing with an idiot?!

You keep arguing with yourself buddy.

Over and outs. :cool:

Just looking at your post count. That's a lot of arguing buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

those push fit fittings are generally not reccomended for inaccesible areas such as under floors or within walls - they have a greater chance of leaks developing over time. However they are fine for accesible places like on the connections to taps or exposed pipework.
    Compression joints are considered a better job.

Putting PTFE or boss white on a compression fitting is pointless - the threads are not the sealing part, its the compression of the olive that does the sealing. They are for threaded fittings like gunbarrel etc. Anyone who uses tape/paste on a comp joint just goes to sho they lack a detailed knowledge of how the joint works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Jeez, you go away for a few days and a dead thread comes back to live and ends up a bitchfest. Thread closed, over and out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement