Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav - Route Planning Software??

Options
  • 26-04-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi

Im looking for a software package to do the following:
    • Create routes around Ireland with multiple destinations
    • Save destinations for future use
    • Download routes to either a Garmin Nuvi 250 or TomTom Go 920
    I have been searching all day for a decent software package that will do all this, but havent found anything suitable.

Can anyone recommend something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Try this its a start for Tomtom

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Would have been handy if i posted the link

http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FastFonz

Great link! Very helpful, it really isnt far off what im looking for

However im looking for something with a little more functionality, on the software side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

The Garmin Nuvi 250 doesn't support Routes. I've just upgraded (from 250W) to the 765T because of this. Can't comment on the TomTom.
    Use Mapsource, which comes with the Garmin, to create and load Routes to the (compatible) Nuvi HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just noticed today that Tomtom now also has a Router Planner once you have the router created right click on the Map and click on "Add Location to Tomtom"

• Advertisement
Advertisement