Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most intimidating accent in the country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Any nordie accent, they're all very angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

obvious plug is obvious

Your location says you are in Limerick. Were you involved with these videos by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

nothing quite like threat to break yer legs by someone with a nothern accent ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

hah no, first video is located in southill..not a place i would like to visit..the second is done professionally by a group of ppl who know jerry flannery (hence the appearence and related vids!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm used to the inner city Dublin accent so it doesn't intimidate me at all. Any Northern accent always sounds angry though- they're kinda like the Russians in that sense. No matter what they say, there always seems to be a bit of threat in it.

Having said that, I also find Nordie accents strangely sexy for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The scumbag Cork one is pretty menacing - moreso females.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Tuam FTW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I lived in Limerick for a few years, I was working in a shop and got a few threats, one was that they would kill me the others beat me. I remember one I just laughed and said 'Alright then' and laughed as they slowly walked away(I couldn't help laughing)

I don't really find the limerick accent intimidating, but then again I've been told that I've no sense of fear/danger.

The northern accent isn't intimidating either, I've relations from there so it just reminds me of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

nothing frighten us weshties , but once you go above cavan it gets head recking alright, sir this and sir that, but again its only a minority of people up there that spoil it for every one ,because the people up in ulster are the warmest hearted in the country

and has anyone noticed how people below cavan,leitrim, monaghan, louth get on fine , no mater what county your from, but when a group of nordies get togethar they make you feel like a 3rd world citizen. because you dont end every sentence with sir, again i have nothing againrt them but it does get annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Your second link is only a pisstake so that accent is exaggerated and/or not real.

The first is stupid. That shop(which is real) is as ignorant as the makers of the video perpetuating the bad opinion of the area.

I lived in one of the estates in Southill for 3 years. Nobody marches around the streets with a gun or balaclava.

The Limerick accent, which I do not have, is not intimidating to me. Its actually an embarassment to me to hear a Limerick accent on the TV or radio because its sounds so stupid.

I hate the inner city Dub accent although I like hearing it(from a distance albeit) because its so..................................common as muck.

The Waterford scumbag accent is bad as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Inner city Dublin, without a doubt. Strange mixture of scarey and cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

speaks for itself...just about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The Ballycumber accent is frightening......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

A harsh Nordy accent; I think that's the general consenus in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Limerick FTW or should I say knife the world :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

galwayrush wrote: »
    Tuam FTW:D

Ha you're wide sham!

Seriously though, I think generalising the Ronan McDonagh accent to all Tuam people is a tad unfair...

I'm in college in Limerick and I do think the Limerick accent is intimidating, particularly on the women who work in Dunnes. Always feel like I'm doing a dodgy deal with them when I'm buying something as innocent as milk...

mars bar wrote: »
    Ha you're wide sham!

Seriously though, I think generalising the Ronan McDonagh accent to all Tuam people is a tad unfair...

I wouldn't do that, got friends and a cousin there, hence the:D face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

C'mon folks this will not help Galway tourism at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tralee knackers sound very like the Limerick knackers.

The guy in the second video sounds like he is speaking abit of Cant too. Common with Tralee travellers also.

I wouldn't do that, got friends and a cousin there, hence the:D face.

I live in Tuam, on a road full of travellers. Beat that. (said with a knackerish Tuam accent).

*Just to point out, I am NOT a traveller!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

A thick Cork accent in daycent biys. Pure difficult to understand like, but its fair ****ing scary like.

Daycent.

I live in Tuam, on a road full of travellers. Beat that. (said with a knackerish Tuam accent).

*Just to point out, I am NOT a traveller!*

Some road in Tuam. ?

Some road in Tuam.?

Are you stalking me?

Are you stalking me?

You kinda gave it away.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

any noisy donegal sh**e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

cork1 wrote: »
    any noisy donegal sh**e

like turkeys galdering , they can be heard for miles, what a headache

You kinda gave it away.:D

I s'pose I did...Parkmore and Tirboy both being estates. Didn't think of that.

Mind me asking who your cousins are? I might know them...

I s'pose I did...Parkmore and Tirboy both being estates. Didn't think of that.

Mind me asking who your cousins are? I might know them...

LOL, you're practically in Beverly Hills compared to those estates.:D
    PM on way.;)

LOL, you're practically in Beverly Hills compared to those estates.:D
    PM on way.;)

I know, some people don't believe that some of the most respectable families in Tuam hailed for the road...

• Advertisement

I know, some people don't believe that some of the most respectable families in Tuam hailed for the road...

That is true, it's one of the least crime ridden areas in Tuam.:cool: The 2 estates you mentioned however are something else.:eek:

Advertisement