Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most intimidating accent in the country

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, we never had any problems but I hate going up by Tirboy and that new estate across from it to get to the Soccer Pitch.

Oh, I tried to reply to your last PM but it just won't send...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

why so worried about accents?
    can you help what accent you have?
    my accent doesn't bother me as i'm understandable and i dont care what stuck up yuppie says about me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

The northy and dublin accents are the most intimidating.

Im sorry, ive heard the rest and I laugh at them! :p

maxxie wrote: »
    The northy and dublin accents are the most intimidating.

Im sorry, ive heard the rest and I laugh at them! :p

An English person would laugh at your accent perhaps ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

b28 wrote: »
    An English person would laugh at your accent perhaps ;)

perhaps, but we are talking about this country ;)

• Advertisement

I know, we have such a small country where just accent divides us really.
    Think about it that way. We are all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This isn't exactly an accent but more of a miserable attempt at an accent...
    Has anyone seen the movie "Snow in August", about a young kid Catholic kid who witnesses a murder of a Jewish guy and it all gets a bit far fetched at the end when he summons the Golem? It was on either RTE 1 or 2 today...Well the mother is an Irish Catholic in it, only it is an American attempt at an Irish accent and it is downright dreadful!

I hate hearing an Irish accent among the Americans, like on a TV show, it just sounds plain weird. But the American accent is bad in itself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

pure dublin accents :):):)
    the first time getting a train to dublin when i was 15 , these two old people were sat oppisite me and i swear to god i thought they were foreign until tehy asked me the time and they just had really thick dublin accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Berty wrote: »
    Your second link is only a pisstake so that accent is exaggerated and/or not real.

The first is stupid. That shop(which is real) is as ignorant as the makers of the video perpetuating the bad opinion of the area.

I lived in one of the estates in Southill for 3 years. Nobody marches around the streets with a gun or balaclava.

The Limerick accent, which I do not have, is not intimidating to me. Its actually an embarassment to me to hear a Limerick accent on the TV or radio because its sounds so stupid.

I hate the inner city Dub accent although I like hearing it(from a distance albeit) because its so..................................common as muck.

The Waterford scumbag accent is bad as well.

both of the videos are piss takes! just portrays the strong limerick accent well..didnt say it was real! said it was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I find the Dub accent too nasal to be intimidating.
    Belfast accents however, do put me on my guard. Always sounds like a kneecapping is in the not too distant future.
    To pick an accent that annoys me, i'd have to say Carrickmacross. PUer annoys me, so it does, hai.* God that annoys me.
    My attempt at recreating this god awful wail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

...and here I thought the immigrants took all of our accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

speaks for itself...just about!

thats funny :D:pac:

i find majority of irish accents are intimidating irish people use a lot of tone when cursing , so i get more intimidated bye there tone then there voice

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

The Northern accent is all right...its the scumbag Drogheda accent that does it for me...a variation on the dublin accent and f***ckin awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

falipo wrote: »
    The Northern accent is all right...its the scumbag Drogheda accent that does it for me...a variation on the dublin accent and f***ckin awful...

Yeh, know a few lads from out that directions, and I have to say it's pretty bad! I've heard worse tho!

For intimidation though, gotta be Belfast knackers, closely followed by some of the Northsiders. I mean, for a tourist or somebody (e.g. American's who recognise accents) to come over and hear the 'dort' that some of them come out with!

The most intimidating accent/voice I've ever heard has to be my uncle, no matter what he's saying I'm nearly cowering in the corner of the room.. Once my cousin started answering back to him, I feared for his life! He's actually the nicest guy in the world though, taken me 20 years to find out!

I'd love to hear a seriously dirty pikey from like Drogheda or Marino or somewhere similar havin a "verbal confrontation" with some heavily black Brooklyn heads.. Oh the contrast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

haha thats hilarious! not really intimidating tho!

more limerick city here very funny too!
    this one from 30 seconds onwards..kinda a more older accent, bit less common http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IredxtwG2ZU

very funny one too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjDJOjVg8Cg

Advertisement