Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stuck

Options
  • 26-04-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Have you ever got stuck when trying on clothes in a dressing room?

Many a times as a teenager, I went in to try something on only to realise it was too small after I had put it on or has no zip for taking it off. Que me with red face tugging despratly at item trying to pull it over my chest (despite that being small anyway) and half an hour later leaving dressing room with red face and backcombed hair.

Just woundering if I'm the only one who gets myself into that situation or does anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I've done that. :o

Once i was out and about with a male friend and spotted a lovely looking dress in a small shop, one of the ones with a dressing cubicle curtained off in the corner. I hadn't planned to be clothes shopping, so was in my comfy-but-not-for-public-viewing undies.

Somehow i managed to get myself stuck in the dress as i was trying to take it back off over my head, and the more i wriggled the more trapped i became. My arms were stuck pointing at the ceiling, the inside out dress was covering my head and i was beginning to feel a little panic. :o

In the end i had to call my friend into the dressing room to help - i'm not sure which of us found it more embarassing. Thankfully the only thing damaged was my dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Had a few moments of panic in the tummy but luckily have managed to escape/work through any being stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

happened me with one of those blouses with a camisole top inside and got all tangled up in it.

Also have a bad habit of trying on rings and finding it very difficult to get them off again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Good to know Im not the only one :)

Brought back memories today when I was in a shop trying on a dress. It was the perfect size on but when I went to get it off, i had to take my bra off, suck everything in and take it off sort of inside out.

I bought it anyway! Guess if I'm ever wearing it after a night out, ill just have to sleep in it instead of tempting that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oh I had one of those moments... In a shop in Boston, on my own.
    Tried on a dress and I had to wiggle into it but twas ok enough to get on. Getting it off, another story. Wouldn't push down past my hips, wouldn't lift over my boobs... I was getting more an more panicy and flustered by the minute. Dreading the thought I'd have to walk out onto the shop floor for help. (I'd looked, no dressingroom assistants or even customers in there!).
    EVENTUally it came off... lord i nearly ran out of the shop, I could breathe again! Swore I wouldn't let myself back in that situation, so if I think it's not going to fit, I dont' chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The other day I was trying on a dress in Topshop. Took me ages to realise the zip came down further than I'd pulled it so it took me a lot of huffing and puffing to get it on. Then when it came to taking it off again the zip got caught and just would not zip down.

I didn't buy the dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh man it's happened so many times to me.

The most recent was when I was in H&M, trying on a shirt with no buttons, I forgot that their sizes are considerably smaller than everywhere else.

Picked up a 10 thinking it'll be grand, hopped on in to the changing room and it went on ok. Was a bit tight over my chest but that's not unusual so I pulled it on fully.
    Decided I didn't like it and attempted to take it off. I got stuck with it on for what felt like about half an hour but in actual fact was probably more like 15 minutes. I was trying to take it off over my head but the non-stretchy fabric got stuck behind my shoulder blades. I ended up having to take my bra off first and nearly dislocating both of my shoulders and walked out looking somewhat flustered with my hair a mess and my back covered in red welts, before calmly telling the assisstant that no, I wouldn't be taking it.

I thought I was going to have to take the tag off the top and just bring it up to the till! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

always happens to me....and like murphy's law, its always in the most expensive item that i'm trying on when it happens

last time, i had to ring my sister who was outside to come in and "extract" me....oh lord did she have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

God yes the humiliation of going in & coming out hair all over the place & red faced:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Happened to me once when I tried on a dress. Spent over half and hour trying to take it off. The cubicles were temporary ones in the center of the shops which I nearly knocked down with all the wriggling. The sales person looked quite suprised when I came out. I think she thought that I was in there with someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

jaysus! thats happened to me a fair few times, i dread trying on clothes in shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Yup. Happened to me a few years ago. Thankfully I hate shopping so it dosent happen to me too much.

Nothing quite like the fear of being caught in some kind of clothing, arms pointing to the ceiling, hair caught in the zip/button and praying to whatever deity you believe in that it will come off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

You get to a point while taking on/off the item
    There is a voice in your head that shouts 'HELP'
    Then the panic/sweating stage starts
    I make a plead to God almighty, I will give 20yo to charity if I get out alive

They should do work out classes
    - Right girls did everyone bring their skinny jeans (chorus of grunts)
    - Right leg in
    - Left leg in
    - And wriggle all around - thats whats it all about etc

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I did this once, went to the Billion Dollar Babes thing in the IFSC. The changing rooms are communal, I rather stupidly picked up a D&G dress that cost 2 GRAND(!!) to try it on for the craic, got it on but could not get if off, totally panicked after about 10 mins of struggling (could see the other girls trying not to laugh)yanked it, heard a rip, threw it on the hanger and legged it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

LouOB wrote: »
    You get to a point while taking on/off the item
    There is a voice in your head that shouts 'HELP'
    Then the panic/sweating stage starts
    I make a plead to God almighty, I will give 20yo to charity if I get out alive

They should do work out classes
    - Right girls did everyone bring their skinny jeans (chorus of grunts)
    - Right leg in
    - Left leg in
    - And wriggle all around - thats whats it all about etc
    hahaha that what i do be like!!!

last time i got stuck , i was there for ages trying to get the top off.. huffing and puffing.. finally got it somewhat off, and next thing i hear an almight rip.

honestly didnt know what to do , buy it or just put it back ! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

I used to work in awear and one day a girl called me down to her changing room and when I got there I could see the top was very tight on her,thought she was just going to ask for another size but she told me she had been trying for ages and could not get the top off,and could I help her,so i tried as much as i could aswell but there was no way it was coming off,it was a boob tube/corset type top and must have been a few sizes too small.She suggested cutting it,and she would pay for it.

So i had to go out to someone else on the floor(as i wasnt working there long)and ask what to do,and they said i would have to cut her out of it!so I had to go back with a scissors and cut the top in half while the girl tried to cover herself as much as she could!I felt so sorry for her,she was so embarrased and kept offering to pay but my manager said it was ok it didnt bother me in the slightest and I made her feel as comfortable as you can in that situation and tell her not to worry etc etc.

Thankfully i have never had anything that bad happen but have had a few moments where i thought it would.its a horrible feeling being half naked in a tiny,warm cubicle,feeling restricted and worrying someone will come in and see you like that!

Advertisement