Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tapework tips?

Options
  • 26-04-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

:o

i'm awful at the tapework and cant seem to improve :(

any of ye pros get any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Practice ones from past paers- the CDs come with the exam papers, yeah?

Go onto www.examinations.ie and find the marking shemes under "Examination Material Archive" and correct the ones you've done. Best thing to do, you really do get better.

Also, if you're a HL Student using Fiuntas 1, have a glance through the few pages they've got about the aural. I think it's really helpful anyway, just gives a few place names which you might not know/ be able to spell as well as common words which come up again and again.
    For example "Feachtas", meaning campaign, is a word which is always appearing in the aural.

That's about it really, unless you're planning on listening to a bit'a RnaG or TG4 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Practice, Practice, Practice! Examinations.ie has the files uploaded incase you don't have a CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭morning-glory

I found the tape pretty hard aswell. luckly my teacher had us learn off loads of key words which came up often, think they should be in your Oral book aswell, like, Albain, monurca etc etc etc. I just learned word after word after word until my head was melted. really helped though. but I found some of the pronunciations impossible to understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Learn how to spell the main Gaeltachts like Corca Dhuibhne and Gaoth Dobhair, they're always coming up and can be hard to spell phonetically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynch190

sound for all the tips lads! i'll give them a shot!

i reckon me concentration could improve too :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

[see my post in the other thread relating to the irish oral]

Also, don't spend all your time learning words, spend just as much of it listening, comprehending.
    It's no use knowing what a word means if you can't tell when it's said. Make sure you can understand a sentence, and if you can't do that, that you can get the main words and verbs, make an educated guess

Advertisement