Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Search And Rescue - Ballybunion 8-10 May

Options
  • 26-04-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Ballybunion is hosting the 4th annual JSAR (Joint Search And Rescue) event. The weekend consists of Coast Guard units from all over Ireland (Republic and Northern Ireland) competing in various challenges over the course of the Saturday.

These events usually consist of First Aid, Rescue, Navigation, Knots, Boating, etc (any and all of the core skills of a Coast Guard).

The town of Ballybunion will also have a weekend of festival and entertainment (face painting, bouncy castle, French Market, Craft Fair, Norman Battle Experience, Kerry Scouts, Vintage car / tractor / bike displays, Irish Whale and Dolphin display, etc)

See www.JSAR.ie for more details.

jsar2009poster2.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I won't be able to make it to BallyB this week-end but I sincerely hope that everyone involved, either participating or watching has a safe & enjoyable week-end there.

I hope that you will try and post some feedback on the events if you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

JSAR 09 Ballybunion is over, and by all accounts, it was a cracking weekend, with GREAT weather and some very enjoyable games.

From an organisational point of view, there were many small incidents / problems that had to be fixed quickly (and some that just didnt get fixed at all!) as is usual ... but on the other side of the fence, the feedback from the judges / compeditors / public is that the day was great, and the events were fun, challenging, and executed very well.

The winners were:
    Overall Best Team: Valentia 2
    Best Divisional Team: Dublin 1
    Best Inter-Div Team: Inter 4
    Leadership trophy: Laurence Greene (Dublin Div)

I am collecting photos at the moment, and I will post asap.

Keep an eye on www.jsar.ie as i will post stuff there too.

Thanks to everyone that attended, helped, promoted, and supported us up to and including the weekend.

For 2010, the competition is in Donegal. The website www.jsar.ie will be an ongoing site, and each new location will take over its maint and add thier bits to it. So drop in from time to time if you are interested in Coast-guard or rescue !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SARVOL

Just a correction on the winners of JSAR 2009
    The winner of the Leadership trophy was:
    Lawrence Breen and not Laurence Greene as was announced.

Great weekend though, fantastic location, great events and lots of hard work behind the scenes which ensured a successful event.
    All involved deserve a well earned rest and a pat on the back.
    Great to see such good interservice co-operation well done Ballybunion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cipitar

Was in Ballybunion to compete in the games, and I have to say it was a fantastic weekend (made even better by the fact that I was on the Valentia B team !!)

...well done to the guys in Ballybunion for all their hard work in organising this great event.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jacktar

cipitar wrote: »
    Was in Ballybunion to compete in the games, and I have to say it was a fantastic weekend (made even better by the fact that I was on the Valentia B team !!)

...well done to the guys in Ballybunion for all their hard work in organising this great event.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Yep, couldn't agree more..
    Excellent organisation, accommodation, food, company and a very successful weekend.
    Taking the cup home topped it off nicely :D

Would appreciate any links to photos from the weekend

Well done G..!!
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

SARVOL wrote: »
    Just a correction on the winners of JSAR 2009
    The winner of the Leadership trophy was:
    Lawrence Breen and not Laurence Greene as was announced.

ooops, sorry about that. Cant read my own handwriting!

Congrats to Laurence Breen !!

Hope to see y'all in Donegal in 2010 !

...and thanks for the positive feedback. Its much appreciated.

Really really glad y'all enjoyed the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

I stumbled across this thread by chance
    I thought these might interest you guys, I just happened to be down in BallyB with my camera in May, right place right time:)
    IRCG1_1.jpg
    IRCG2_1.jpg
    IRCG3_1.jpg
    IRCG4_1.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94gbAr8yIVQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cipitar

Excellent shots, thanks for posting them. Enjoyed the youtube clip also.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Advertisement