Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vanity Fair - Newbridge

• 26-04-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know if Vanity Fair in Newbridge opens late any evening during the week - need to go shopping with my mum for a "mother of the bride" outfit and am not free any weekend for the next few weeks.
    Have tried searching the net but no luck!!

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

It doesn't late night open at all I think it actually closes at 5.30 everyday! Well used too. Um also I know that you weren't asking but the stock tends to be quite overpriced and very mother of bride. Also when you visit be prepared the staff will try and pressure you into buying. Ooo this sounds so negtaive sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Sally I agree with you. My future MIL was in there looking (despite my advising her against it) and she said there was a woman being encouraged to buy a dreadful looking outfit. She was very tempted to go over and save the woman but was too afraid.
    In answer to the original post as far as I know they don't open late any of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

My mother bought her outfit there in November for my wedding in a few weeks. At the time she bought it, she had just started chemotherapy and explained the situation that her body might change so she was nervous about buying at the time to the sales woman who was lovely but did insist there wouldn't be an issue. They told her that she could put a (large) deposit down and pay the rest when it came in but she didn't need to collect it. When the outfit did come in, she was then hounded to collect it on a bi-weekly basis, each time she had to explain that she was undergoing treatment and was unable to collect it but she did pay the full amount when the outfit came into the store.
    One of the many issues with her chemo is that the steroids have made her gain weight, so when she collected it, and tried it on, it no longer fit her. She rang the store and explained the situation to them and asked if it were possible to maybe exchange it for the same value for something else.
    She was treated appallingly and told that they had already been "over accommodating to her situation", after her getting rather distressed on the phone they agreed to give her half the cost of the outfit back in exchange for another outfit.
    She politely declined and told them she would find something else to do with the dress and would buy an outfit elsewhere.
    To say I am disgusted is an understatement, she was not looking for a refund just to see if she could get something else of equal value in their store...I would steer well clear of them.

Advertisement