Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling Speakers - Recommendations Please

Options
  • 26-04-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know very little about ceiling speakers and need someone to recommend me a pair, suitable for use in a kitchen.

My house is being built so I got the electrician to run some speaker cable from the sitting room to the kitchen. As my amp has a zone mode, it was my intention to be able to power the kitchen speakers from the sitting room. Just a nice bonus to have for parties etc

Anyway, I dont mind paying up to €150. Dont need anything extravagent, just something to pump a bit of sound around the kitchen.

All ideas welcome.

EDIT: What about these guys?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEF-Ci-160-2-FR-Ceiling-Speaker-Single/dp/B0012LERZU/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240776317&sr=1-41

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hi,

I know very little about ceiling speakers and need someone to recommend me a pair, suitable for use in a kitchen.

My house is being built so I got the electrician to run some speaker cable from the sitting room to the kitchen. As my amp has a zone mode, it was my intention to be able to power the kitchen speakers from the sitting room. Just a nice bonus to have for parties etc

Anyway, I dont mind paying up to €150. Dont need anything extravagent, just something to pump a bit of sound around the kitchen.

All ideas welcome.

EDIT: What about these guys?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEF-Ci-160-2-FR-Ceiling-Speaker-Single/dp/B0012LERZU/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240776317&sr=1-41

Kef are sold each unit not a pair.
    Couple of the local hi-fi shops do speakers for cealing's. See if you can arrange a demo?
    And you might even get 4 pairs for that type of money.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Ceiling speakers give notoriously poor sound per expense so skimping on cost and getting cheap speakers will probably leave you with poor sound and an overall poor impression of your system.
    I've put 4 b&w ccm ceiling speakers in as my 7.1 surrounds and also in the kitchen as zone 2 and am pleased with the results. Double your budget per pair though and then i threw 100w per channel amps at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Have a look at Monitor Audio also. I've got a stereo speaker in my en-suite - built my house 3 1/2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I got these a few years ago, sounds like they might be perfect for your needs:

http://www.aqsound.com/store/en/product/AQ-AQUIP_5-White/product_reviews/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whitneysegura

Those look nice! Did you ever find what you were looking for? I am interested in buying some now that I found this post, I have never seen real ceiling speakers actually installed, they look really awesome! Let me know if you find a good deal on any, I am thinking about buying a set for my dad too, his birthday is coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I'm in same boat but doing most of the rooms in house with some Sonos gear.

I wsa thinking of using these (mix of gold ones for bigger rooms like kitchen and silver ones for bedrooms)...anyone use them?

http://www.avuno.com/products.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 p4paddy

There a company in ireland who supply some nice Avuno speakers or nuvo.Just google bluered and you should find them.im sure if you give them a buzz they will advise you which speakers will suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RosalynJohnson

Advertisement