Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zooplus Delivery

Options
  • 26-04-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of ordering off their UK site but I'm at work 8 to half 4. Do they ring in advance before delivering? Just wondering what I can do if I'm at work. I live fifteen to twenty minutes from work so could drive down and meet them.

If they use the normal post office I could just collect it from the local postal centre but I thought they'd be using a courier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Why not get it delivered to you at work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Yes they use a GLS couriers and no they don't call before they arrive but as the poster above suggests, get the stuff delivered to work instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

We got an order from them about a week ago, they don't phone in advance. if they call and your not there they'll probably try to leave it with a neighbour (I was in bed when they called and by the time I had gotten downstairs and opened the door they were knocking on a neighbours house!)

But as others have suggested I guess you might be able to get it delivered to your workplace (if they allow that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They do sometimes ring before hand or at least a little while before hand but on the day they are delivering. You could get it delivered to your work or they can meet you outside your work building.
    I just get them to drop our deliverys at hubbys workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If I order today, how long does a delivery normally take?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

It usually takes about a week, last order I ordered on a Tuesday and the order arrived on the Tuesday and Wednesday the next week. Be warned that if you order enough to need two parcels, they don't necessarily arrive on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

In my experience between 5 and 10 working days but usually around 6 or 7 working days, the stuff has to come from Germany. Last large item was in two boxes and the boxes came on the same day but at different times or it was the next day, can't remember now. So far have had no items damaged and delivery has been within 10 days sometimes boxes are a bit battered though. However because they are so much cheaper and have had no major problems I still use them, they've a much better variety of stuff for smallies than a lot of places. Very good value, I saved €40.00 on a large bird cage by ordering on the uk site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well, interesting to read these posts. I get my food from the .co.uk site also and it usually arrives 3-4 days after ordering. I choose DHL as the courier which may make a difference as in my experience GLS are nothing but hassle.

With DHL the delivery usually arrives at in and around the same time of day as the driver does a defined route.

Top marks to zooplus.co.uk for the value and service. There hasn't been a month so far when we haven't got some free gifts with the orders and I've been using them since January, first great quality dog pendants, then dog cushions (the pup disassembled them pretty quickly) and this month I got two quality stainless steel dog bowls which even had a non-slip rubber band on the bottom.

Perhaps it depends on your locality as to how long the deliveries take.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Cheers Bluefrog - I didn't know you could order from the uk site and eliminate GLS! I've been getting the orders shipped to my work up until now because GLS claimed they couldn't find my house (off Botanic Ave so not exactly hard to find) but hauling the 15kg bags of cat litter out to the car park was turning into a pain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

I used the zooplus.ie site (got a discount on first order). Got it delivered to work address, no issues was with me within a couple of days :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I never knew I could use DHL as well! I've had trouble with GLS in the past, but to be fair never with a Zooplus order. The GLS guy and my dog have established a great relationship at this stage, the dog thinks he's Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I've been ordering stuff from zooplus.ie for the last year or so and never had any issues. They always deliver with GLS. The only thing is the packages always arrive in a poor condition - it doesn't matter as it's only cat/dog food, but I would be weary about ordering anything else of a more fragile nature.
    The zooplus website prompts you for a contact phone number upon ordering. However, this order form field does not seem to be communicated to GLS. Also, I have added my phone number on the 2nd line of the delivery address - this way, GLS always have a phone # handy.

Hope this helps.
    ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

As other posters have mentioned they use GLS for delivery. I ordered a multivet spray collar from them a good while ago. The delivery guy turned up when I was in work, so he decided the best thing to do would be to drop the package over the side gate, and guess what, my dog proceeded to dismember the package and contants. Luckily the canisters containing the spray were not punctured. In saying that Zooplus sent me a replacement straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I ordered from the UK site last night and the package has already been dispatched with DHL. The IE site usually takes a few days to dispatch so i'm sticking with the UK one from now on. It'll be interesting to see what state it comes in - any order I've gotten from zooplus thru GLS the box has been ripped/open or bashed around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luxy

Hey, here's a tip to those of you using the zooplus sites!

The majority of the products they stock are shipped in from Germany - it's a German company.
    If you use the German site www.zooplus.de (you don't need to be fluent, it's fairly easy to navigate around, especially if you use the Irish or English site in another tab as a reference) you can get your products for FAR cheaper than you can get them from the UK or Irish sites. They also have many more products than these sites and they stock animal beddings like hay & woodchips for really good value. Delivery is also free for orders over €49 when they're going to Ireland, no matter what you buy!

For those of you who don't like the idea of not buying Irish, remember;
    It's a German company and nearly all of their products are shipped in from Germany anyway!

Advertisement