Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant etiquitte

• 26-04-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

i was out for dinner last week with some friends. there was a table in the restaurant where one guy was speaking very loud and the rest at the table weren't too far behind. their was nothing wrong with their conversation but i didnt want to listen to it and it was very annoying. what do you do in these situations? leave the restaurant, ask them to shut up? there was no point moving table as the place wasn't that big and it would have made no difference.

and yes, my middle name is snob!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

lg123 wrote: »
    i was out for dinner last week with some friends. there was a table in the restaurant where one guy was speaking very loud and the rest at the table weren't too far behind. their was nothing wrong with their conversation but i didnt want to listen to it and it was very annoying. what do you do in these situations? leave the restaurant, ask them to shut up? there was no point moving table as the place wasn't that big and it would have made no difference.

and yes, my middle name is snob!! :D

what I expect is that the waiter ask the guy to speak less loudly; if they don't, the etiquette says that you should speak with the waiter, they should know how to handle unpolite people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

thanks. luckily in this situation they left before we got our starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That reminds me of a chap I know.

F*ck me, it's embarassing to go out for a meal with him, he's an incredible attention seeker - To the point of trying to get other tables involved in the conversation.

Seriously, if it happens again, ask the waiter to tell him to quieten up, because I've already tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Fajitas! wrote: »
    To the point of trying to get other tables involved in the conversation.

cringe :o

my bro gets a bit like this when he is drinking, not attention seeking, just loud. its grand in a pub/club but if you are in a quiet hotel lounge or somewhere...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Fajitas! wrote: »
    That reminds me of a chap I know.

F*ck me, it's embarassing to go out for a meal with him, he's an incredible attention seeker - To the point of trying to get other tables involved in the conversation.

Seriously, if it happens again, ask the waiter to tell him to quieten up, because I've already tried.

Then the manager should ask him nicely to stop talking to other tables. I have been a manager for 8 years and I never allow it. People do not go to a restaurant to talk to strangers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement