Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile Network?

Options
  • 26-04-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks
    I'm new to this site but looks like a good source of info.
    Just wondering what your opinions are of the 3 mobile network.
    Are they any good? Is coverage good? It says you surf Google for free but is it really free - any hidden costs?
    I just bought a phone from them but if I don't like them I'll get it unlocked and switch providers again (used to be Vodafone)
    Any comments welcome!
    Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Suja wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I'm new to this site but looks like a good source of info.
    Just wondering what your opinions are of the 3 mobile network.
    Are they any good? Is coverage good? It says you surf Google for free but is it really free - any hidden costs?
    I just bought a phone from them but if I don't like them I'll get it unlocked and switch providers again (used to be Vodafone)
    Any comments welcome!
    Thanks!:)

I'm on bill pay with them and find them quite good. I can use my free units to call the family back in scotland which makes the bills cheaper. Data usage is fairly cheap aswell if you stick to browsing mobile web pages but you can get an add on for a tenner a month if you were going to be doing heavy web browsing. So yeah, they are ok imho! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Google is free to search but if you open a link that will cost ya

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What if you view the google cached page? Does that cost anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

Was with them about two years ago and said never again but my o2 bills were off the wall. Changed back to 3 less than a month ago and I have to say I'm in love. Price plan is great for my needs as I am a very heavy user , free roaming in the uk , call the uk on my inclusive minutes up to 50% , data add on for a tenner , 2nd month free on bill pay, free skype which I use alot.

It's the first time I've felt like I've gotten any form of value from my mobile. Customer care is patchy but with a bit of patience and being firm you'll get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

On bill pay as well, personally find it to be very good value. The downside, their customer care is pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

OP, I'm not sure when you ask about coverage if you are interested in just 3G coverage and if it is, then 3's coverage is only average so you couldn't use skype etc. in certain parts of the country. Because they have an agreement with Vodafone though to use their GPRS coverage outside their own 3G network area, you will get 2G network coverage pretty much everywhere..

Am I making sense? :D

To give them their dues though, they seem to be the only operator actively looking to expand their 3G coverage around the Country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

ddub wrote: »
    Was with them about two years ago and said never again but my o2 bills were off the wall. Changed back to 3 less than a month ago and I have to say I'm in love. Price plan is great for my needs as I am a very heavy user , free roaming in the uk , call the uk on my inclusive minutes up to 50% , data add on for a tenner , 2nd month free on bill pay, free skype which I use alot.

It's the first time I've felt like I've gotten any form of value from my mobile. Customer care is patchy but with a bit of patience and being firm you'll get there in the end.

Good to see someone pleased with 3. I am with them over a year and have never encountered a problem. Have had to use customer care twice and did not have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

What if you view the google cached page? Does that cost anything?

Good point I can't try it now out as i'v left them. It is the mobile version of google thats free and I don't think you get the cache link. I got sick of the delay on skype calls and the poor customer service if you have any network problems forget about getting them fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I too an with 3 and have on issues. Coverage has never been a problem and only ever had one major problem to do with a bill but that was sorted out and I was credited back my next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Suja

Thanks for all the replies ppl!! Looks like they are good from the reviews so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

I don't really get this. Free google to me should mean that information can be acquired from the site for free. One can't get any info from the search without opening links. That seems a bit of a false positive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

With them a few years now and am happy!

just move to new plan: 360 any net mins and 2GB data for €30 = happy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I don't really get this. Free google to me should mean that information can be acquired from the site for free. One can't get any info from the search without opening links. That seems a bit of a false positive to me.

Its free to search, the other networks charge for the search also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

It is free to search, example of results you can get from search is say you need a phone number for a business , so google search say business name, location and phone, google search displays the number , if you dont click on the link you aren't charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Some people will have problems on all the networks - as they say you cant please everyone all the time. Three is cheapest for me.

Advertisement