Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread [for all preparation and exam talk nonsense]

Options
  • 26-04-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

With the exams looming large i thought it'd be nice to have a thread deidcate to all exam preparation, rather than clog the daily bitch thread with exam nonsense! :)

Complain, compare, celebrate etc in here.

I've only got 3 exams, but have to go from the 6th until the 18th....the 13 tap challenge is gonna have to wait a few weeks for me! :(

These are my final undergraduate exams...god im getting sentimental!

Anyhow, the best of luck to everyone, hope you all get what you need/want!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

exam nonsense?

I appeared to have bricked 250e worth of electronics over the weekend due to a manufacture **** up by releasing a dodgy bios update. fail.

gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

exams wreck my head just like everyone elses!!!! can't study until a day or two before the day of the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Where is the cry icon?!

Good God I hate Strategic Management!!

Perhaps that because I only went to 3 lectures all semester, and dont have a f**king clue whats going on now :(

The most boring subject ever encountered, and the most boring lecturer imo.
    The only thing I know is PEST analysis and thats cos we are studying it yet again! :mad:

I mean, ffs after learning it once you'd think that lecturers wouldnt bombard you with it again for another 3 years, but no!

At least I have 24% going into exam already...that could be my saving grace in getting a C-Grade...:o

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!

PUBLIC FOLDERS WONT WORK FOR ME!!!!!

HOW AM I MEANT TO GET PAST EXAM PAPERS NOW!!!
    f u c k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

No comment. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

:cool::cool: lets keep it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Actually I can't complain much, a nice enough timetable finishing the 13th with german.
    Only really worried about managerial accounting.

Business maths is a pain but you can get over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Anyone up for a post-exam BULB's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

Mossin wrote: »
    Where is the cry icon?!

Perhaps that because I only went to 3 lectures all semester, and dont have a f**king clue whats going on now :(

The only thing I know is PEST analysis and thats cos we are studying it yet again! :mad:

I mean, ffs after learning it once you'd think that lecturers wouldnt bombard you with it again for another 3 years, but no!

At least I have 24% going into exam already...that could be my saving grace in getting a C-Grade...:o

I actually enjoy strategic management..though I only went to 2 lectures :P Good thing I had Jim for the tutorials :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

havent gone to a single hour of strategic!!! friend of mine gave me all her essays from last year that she got an A2 with!!sorted:D!!!enjoy wasting time writing your own ones kid!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

DCJR wrote: »
    havent gone to a single hour of strategic!!! friend of mine gave me all her essays from last year that she got an A2 with!!sorted:D!!!enjoy wasting time writing your own ones kid!!!:p

Damn you! :D The only upside that I can think of to doing my own essay is that I should remember it better on the day...The CW and competitive adv stuff is quite easy to remember when you understand it...gonna leave stakeholder mgt til tomorrow, so much to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

One of these days I'll actually get some study done..
    both :D & :mad:.
    ergonomics wrote: »
    Anyone up for a post-exam BULB's?

Perhaps, depends when.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Sharing is caring :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

One of these days I'll actually get some study done..
    both :D & :mad:.

Perhaps, depends when.
    Who are we kidding man?!?! :p

Enjoy those lad! (I'm very jealous right now) :pac:

I have gotten my hands on some past essays too, but I have no idea of the standard of them, and some arent this years topics either...just make sure you dont just learn last years essays for the craic, cos I'd laugh a lot if you learned the wrong essays just cos you got them from last year...

But I'll be nice, and tell you that Competitive Advantage; Alliance Management; Stakeholder Mapping; Process, Content, Context are 4 of the topics that are coming up...[but you probably already knew that ;)]

Anyhow you only need to know three :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Corporate Taxation is doing my head in. I just think I'm getting the hang of a question and suddenly I discover a whole new type that I've never even seen before...

As for Auditing...have a meeting with a tutor in 45 minutes to talk about how little I understand, and yet here I am instead of actually looking at the papers. At this rate when I go to him I won't even understand what it is that I don't understand....blah.

And the worst of it all is I'm not even going for tax or accountancy next year....god I picked a bad course.

End of Rant. For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Where's the unthanks button!!
    But I'll be nice, and tell you that Competitive Advantage; Alliance Management; Stakeholder Mapping; Process, Content, Context are 4 of the topics that are coming up...[but you probably already knew that ;)]

Anyhow you only need to know three :)
    You learn something new everyday....but you already knew I didn't know that...didn't you...study group tomorrow afternoon?

ninty9er wrote: »
    Study group tomorrow afternoon?

I wont get anything done in a study group I think.

I'll suffer through this nonsense on my own until the end of the exams...

I have 3 exams next week and as yet have studied for not 1. I know I will eventually get around to it....but I've had my first Welfare meeting and now I'm distracted doing stuff that could easily wait until after exams.....ARGHHHHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Company Law....:(:( once again my brain is too small to handle all this info...overload alert! :confused:

• Advertisement

Studying going fairly well (staying in Limerick the weekend to get a lot of work done), beein in Kemmy all week, computer rooms in there are handy places to study.

Organisational behavious is some bore to study, honestly like what a module...pointless.
    Finished studying macro today, fave module by a mile.
    Maths is alright, getting through it.
    Managerial accounting... Went over cash book, though if I managed to get a C1 at christmas this one shouldnt be too bad.

And german well its not for almost 2 weeks so no hurry.

Finish the 13th...

1huge1 wrote: »
    Organisational behaviour is some bore to study, honestly like what a module...pointless.
    Finished studying macro today, fave module by a mile.

Yup that was a really pointless module alright!
    Wait until you reach 4th year and are doing the Strategic Management which we are suffering through right now! Its more of the same nonsense, except worse...[if thats even possible]

Macro was one of my favourite modules as well, and I dislike economics...It tells alot about the lecturer tbh. He makes it interesting, and you actually want to be in his lectures.
    For his exam, study ALL of the tutorial notes, and know the past papers and you'll easily get an A1...I managed it, so it must be doable! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I am royally screwed for BIM and Macro.

I've been studying all week, workin' away.
    I feel grand enough about Busiiness Maths, handy module that.
    Man. Acc. Hmm...dunno really. I might be ok for the budget, but the theory is a bit mincey.
    Organisational Behaviour....all I can say is THATNK BLOODY GOD she got rid of negative marking!!!!!!!!!!!

Still though...not much I can do now!:(

Yup that was a really pointless module alright!
    Wait until you reach 4th year and are doing the Strategic Management which we are suffering through right now! Its more of the same nonsense, except worse...[if thats even possible]

Macro was one of my favourite modules as well, and I dislike economics...It tells alot about the lecturer tbh. He makes it interesting, and you actually want to be in his lectures.
    For his exam, study ALL of the tutorial notes, and know the past papers and you'll easily get an A1...I managed it, so it must be doable! :pac:
    Thanks for the info, I really like economics myself despite never doing in in the leaving cert, definitely gonna major in economics and finance next year. Hoping for a A alright as the project went realy well for me despite noticing a biog mistake 30mins before the deadline but got it done on time.
    I am royally screwed for BIM and Macro.

Luckily for the OB midterm on sulis, about 10 of us did it together so got 25/30 despite never going to a lecture.

I've been studying all week, workin' away.
    I feel grand enough about Busiiness Maths, handy module that.
    Man. Acc. Hmm...dunno really. I might be ok for the budget, but the theory is a bit mincey.
    Organisational Behaviour....all I can say is THATNK BLOODY GOD she got rid of negative marking!!!!!!!!!!!

Still though...not much I can do now!:(

Not doing BIM this semester as I've german instead of it, I hear from friends that its a lot harder this semester though, gotta miss Eoin Whelans lectures and his little breaks in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ya, John Buckley's gas in the lectures, but it's just really confusing to follow the notes.

His notes are nearly all pictures, and then it's him talking.
    Was kind of struggling with it for a while, and the fact that it's short questions rather than MCQs, and the fact that I have the worst hand writing in the world.....I'd say I am pretty stuffed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

Competitive Advantage; Alliance Management; Stakeholder Mapping; Process, Content, Context are 4 of the topics that are coming up...

Moss....

two questions you might be able to answer please....:D

1. is Mintzberg V Waters coming up on the test? not sure if that is process conten and context is it???

2. is strategic change and cultural web coming up together or is it just cultural web??

thanks bro

Moss....

two questions you might be able to answer please....:D

1. is Mintzberg V Waters coming up on the test? not sure if that is process conten and context is it???

2. is strategic change and cultural web coming up together or is it just cultural web??

thanks bro

Afaik, Mintzberg and Waters is part of process, content and context. That is why I am not touching that question! Also because I havent the foggiest notion of what its on about, and the tutor said not to do it if you dont understand it! So I'm taking her advice...But like I said, it appears to be a part of that question.

Again, I do believe that the cultural web is part of hte strategic change question. I am only learning about the web, and nothing else! Its all that I'll be putting down on paper in the exam.

I'll be doing alliance management [strategic alliances], strategic change [cultural web] and stakeholder mapping. I feel that they are the 3 that I understand the most.
    I'm not even looking at competitve advantage either. I think that encompasses RBV also. I had enough of that in the F1 case study!

Hope this helps somewhat.

Afaik, Mintzberg and Waters is part of process, content and context. That is why I am not touching that question! Also because I havent the foggiest notion of what its on about, and the tutor said not to do it if you dont understand it! So I'm taking her advice...But like I said, it appears to be a part of that question.

Again, I do believe that the cultural web is part of hte strategic change question. I am only learning about the web, and nothing else! Its all that I'll be putting down on paper in the exam.

I'll be doing alliance management [strategic alliances], strategic change [cultural web] and stakeholder mapping. I feel that they are the 3 that I understand the most.
    I'm not even looking at competitve advantage either. I think that encompasses RBV also. I had enough of that in the F1 case study!

Hope this helps somewhat.

Really have to do CA...mainly because I have the notes for it and because I have some RBV done for Personnel Mgt. tomorrow.

Probably strategic change too, because again SHRM will help it and I don't have time to study 2 subjects in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Failure incoming. :(

And yet...
    "This is the path that ALL great men walk!
    If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
    If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
    The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

• Advertisement

Failure incoming. :(

And yet...
    "This is the path that ALL great men walk!
    If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
    If there's no road, we'll pave it with our own hands!
    The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

Failure is really only failure if you give up, otherwise it's just another shot at success...albeit at a cost.

Advertisement