Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread [for all preparation and exam talk nonsense]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Pirate guy, I hate you for even putting the doubt about lean accounting into my mind!! There was I wondering if it would only be half a question, let alone not come up at all!!

I had two law exams all week to worry about so left this completely alone til tonight....mistake!!!

I'm doing 22/23, 13 and Lean Accounting. I'm beginning to worry in case I should do 17/18 instead of 13 but its a bit late now.....

In other news, Equity this morning - hope he marks easy! Never have I written such crap about Quistclose whatsits in my life...

Be a shaven Santa, Ray, be a shaven Santa...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

dee8839 wrote: »
    Pirate guy, I hate you for even putting the doubt about lean accounting into my mind!! There was I wondering if it would only be half a question, let alone not come up at all!!

I had two law exams all week to worry about so left this completely alone til tonight....mistake!!!

I'm doing 22/23, 13 and Lean Accounting. I'm beginning to worry in case I should do 17/18 instead of 13 but its a bit late now.....
    I'd have a look at operating income if I were you...news just in;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

Pirate girl actually!;)

apologies for scaring the bejesus out of ye, just passing on what i heard on the rumour mill!
    Just read the article on lean accounting and its a load of poo! Its just bullet points repeated again and again!

Operating income you say?!
    For those of use who only learned chapters 13, 16, 20, 22 and 23 care to point me in a direction chapters wise?!

Also, this essay is stooopid!

I did accounting and finance to look at balance sheets, not spend my days making a shorter version of an article and reproducing it in an exam!

Operating income you say?!
    For those of use who only learned chapters 13, 16, 20, 22 and 23 care to point me in a direction chapters wise?!

Also, this essay is stooopid!

I did accounting and finance to look at balance sheets, not spend my days making a shorter version of an article and reproducing it in an exam!

Chapter 13....the number of the question gives the chapter number if divided by 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

These exams are but an insignificant spec upon the world at large;

4.30 just puts it all into perspective for me.

Oh and should by some miracle I manage to pass Stats tomorrow I don't know whether that reflects more on me or the module itself. The second one I'm thinking.

In any case I've broken out the padre pio medal, the emergency holy water and the miraculous medals are draped around my study sheets. Prayers of various descriptions have also been dispatched. Possibly candles may be lit, its early to tell but the situation grows more grave the longer I spend pricking on the interweb.

Maybe I shoulda just studied, but wheres the fun in that? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

cson wrote: »
    Oh and should by some miracle I manage to pass Stats tomorrow I don't know whether that reflects more on me or the module itself. The second one I'm thinking.

That's why the module got changed around a bit half way through. No one was turning up due to boredom in the lectures - doesn't say much for the module and those in it in a sense when a problem is recognised, something is done about it, and it does nothing to help fix the problem.

I don't see what can be asked from the tripe in that lean accounting article. Its 5.25am and I've had approximately 26 minutes of sleep since 4.30am the night before last. If I pass out do you think Tom will give me a good grade out of sympathy?

Essay is such a load of crap.

Lean accounting is suspiciously short.

Ch. 13 Q 39 is formulas here there and everywhere and if it doesn't come up I'm going to have someone by the neck...

By the time anyone else reads this pointless contribution, we'll probably be out of that damn exam. Since all the normal people study by day and sleep by night.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

By the time anyone else reads this pointless contribution, we'll probably be out of that damn exam. Since all the normal people study by day and sleep by night.....

not everyone...;)

here's praying for
    q39 chp 13,
    q 36 chp 20,
    and something easy off 22 and 23!!!!

i hope nobody in the class is a virgin, cause tom is gonna ride us hard in three hours time!!!lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Since all the normal people study by day and sleep by night.....

Normal??? Pfft, where's the fun in that

Question 13-39 had better come up!!
    And my essay is driving me mad, completely incapable of learning i for some reason, ah well!!!

At this stage I dont really even care if I get my 2:1, I just want a decent nights sleep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just pulled my 1st all nighter... all day yesterday studying business maths and didnt stop till half 5 this morning with the exam at 9...

It had to be done though because I was screwed otherwise and it worked out really well, I definitely passed it which this time yesterday is more than I could of hoped for. Looking at a OK grand in business maths.

As for economics on wednesday, was really happy with that, my favourite module by a long run and it went really well.

As for accounting on tuesday...not to confident but have a few days to work at it.

DCJR wrote: »
    i hope nobody in the class is a virgin, cause tom is gonna ride us hard in three hours time!!!lol!!
    I overslept and didn't get balance scorecard done:(, but that was hardly Tom's fault. It wasn't HALF as scary as I thought apart from that fcuking import duty on transfer pricing.
    Question 13-39 had better come up!!

At this stage I dont really even care if I get my 2:1, I just want a decent nights sleep...
    13-39 - after getting it, didn't get round to learning it.

I'll settle for a pass degree at this stage.

I just realised that I only got 3 questions done:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Poor ninty. Crap exams, weather is terrible and no job to look forward to...

klong wrote: »
    Poor ninty. Crap exams, weather is terrible and no job to look forward to...

Only 2 left....and I do have a job to go to, thanks to the good students of UL, though I had one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Maybe I should have added a smiley face or an "oh wait..." :-)

It was funny at the time, I was out last night, maybe that explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ugh, ****ing raging with myself bout stats, there was a handy A to be had there with even a day of work. In any case I got what my 4hrs deserved and a D at the most optimistic of outlooks will be winging its way to me. QCA destroyer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

:( I'm sick :(
    Have an exam on Monday, and cant study :(

I havent slept in over 30 hours...

I dont want to get an I-Grade cos I'd miss graduation in August...that'd suck!!
    Hmm...how much can one cram in, in a day and a half?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Might be safer to go to the doctor today anyway and have the option of an i grade. Just incase you realise tomorrow that you need it but cant prove you were sick

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Insurance law and claims done as of Thursday, very happy with the exam, but I could have been a bit more careful in structuring my answers. Will be dissapointed if I dont get an A1....will be a first for me in UL if I do.

Spanish on Monday morn.....still have to start my study. The library is very distracting, even though the ammount of hot girls around the place seems to be less than normal. Having said that, it could be to do with where Im sitting.

I really should start doing domething for Spanish, but sure it's only worth 45%....

The weather isn't making this any easier either!!

caesar wrote: »
    The library is very distracting, even though the ammount of hot girls around the place seems to be less than normal.
    Isn't it just....*runs to Today I saw thread*

Does anyone have the case study for John Heneghan's Auditing??

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Does anyone have the case study for John Heneghan's Auditing??

Have it but not in college and my scanners broken!

Even though I have it, havent done a thing with it yet, still trying to pick which of the long question topics to study for, would be a help if I knew what way he was going to ask each of them!

And I can only seem to study VAT in tax, probably because its the one thing I can understand....

And I still have Public Finance on thursday that I'll be doing well to get a compensating fail in....

Grrrr Rant over, more study...

Do you mean Regina when you say the John Heneghan case study? There's feck all in it. In one way I'm glad he gave us the lay out of whats coming up where. In another way I'm afraid it means he's going to find a more imaginative way to screw us over.

As for Management, disaster. Should have slept, I was so tired in there that I didn't even care that I couldn't do the Transfer Pricing question. That was not Q39, well, not really anyway, and I'm sickened that Lean Accounting didn't come up full, although at least what did come up was totally straightforward.

And as for the idea of Tommy K riding anyone or anything for 3 hours...ugh. Thanks for that. Mental Image...

Do you mean Regina when you say the John Heneghan case study? There's feck all in it. In one way I'm glad he gave us the lay out of whats coming up where. In another way I'm afraid it means he's going to find a more imaginative way to screw us over.

As for Management, disaster. Should have slept, I was so tired in there that I didn't even care that I couldn't do the Transfer Pricing question. That was not Q39, well, not really anyway, and I'm sickened that Lean Accounting didn't come up full, although at least what did come up was totally straightforward.

And as for the idea of Tommy K riding anyone or anything for 3 hours...ugh. Thanks for that. Mental Image...

Yup Regina's the one...need to get some tutorials too. have 11% already from the 25% though....so I'm hoping for a C2.

As for Tommy K, 3 hours would have been a gift, considering apparently the solution for question 5 suggested an answer time of 55 minutes and I spent an hour on my essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

And as for the idea of Tommy K riding anyone or anything for 3 hours...ugh.

perhaps you had a bad sexual experience with Tom in the past, Ms Fahy....??!!!!? :P;)

Is anybody starting to freak out about Auditing yet?!?
    The minute I think I get the hang of something I try to do a question on it and I'm seriously confused.....

I just want to give up on it already...

5 chapters read this morning [well kinda] and I think it was a waste of time..
    3 readings to do now to be somewhat able to answer at least 1 question that I hope comes up. Cos I was ill, I'm doing the bare minimum for my exam tmrw and hoping that what I do comes up :o

After lunch then I've got 4 more chapters and 3 additional readings to do also for another topic..

I'm not sure if this is manageable :(

[On the plus side I'm feeling much better today]

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    5 chapters read this morning [well kinda] and I think it was a waste of time..
    3 readings to do now to be somewhat able to answer at least 1 question that I hope comes up. Cos I was ill, I'm doing the bare minimum for my exam tmrw and hoping that what I do comes up :o

After lunch then I've got 4 more chapters and 3 additional readings to do also for another topic..

I'm not sure if this is manageable :(

[On the plus side I'm feeling much better today]

GOOD TO HEAR BUD....... but what are you studying for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

mossin. (amy here....ive figured out who u are)

i think from looking at the exam papers, this is the typical format:

1st question: always socio-cultural
    2nd question: market entry strategies - varies between exporting, franchising, joint ventures and alliances....but if u did the s.alliances question in strat weds then thats half the battle!

3rd question: e-marketing....hard to guess?

and the section b e-marketing question: focus on weeks 11 and 12 lecture notes i think!!
    think the sample questions for those weeks are relevant!
    hope this helps!! and honestly, i have every faith in u! i only started studying around 6pm last night for this one, was wrecked after hr tues and strat weds! if ur stuck for notes r antin giv me a shout but think thats whats gonna come up neway, question one n two are almost certainties i think!!

I had a break down before strat as u know....coz i was talkin to u before i went in........didnt go AS bad as i thought, but will be lucky to scrape a b3!:(

DJCR wrote: »
    GOOD TO HEAR BUD....... but what are you studying for tomorrow?

Thanks...I'm studying International E-Marketing.
    amybabes wrote: »
    mossin. (amy here....ive figured out who u are)

i think from looking at the exam papers, this is the typical format:

1st question: always socio-cultural
    2nd question: market entry strategies - varies between exporting, franchising, joint ventures and alliances....but if u did the s.alliances question in strat weds then thats half the battle!

3rd question: e-marketing....hard to guess?

and the section b e-marketing question: focus on weeks 11 and 12 lecture notes i think!!
    think the sample questions for those weeks are relevant!
    hope this helps!! and honestly, i have every faith in u! i only started studying around 6pm last night for this one, was wrecked after hr tues and strat weds! if ur stuck for notes r antin giv me a shout but think thats whats gonna come up neway, question one n two are almost certainties i think!!

I had a break down before strat as u know....coz i was talkin to u before i went in........didnt go AS bad as i thought, but will be lucky to scrape a b3!:(

I had a feeling it was you alright Amy :)

I've had a look at the past papers alright, and I agree with what you've said there. I think that the other question that'll come up will be on standardisation vs adaptation from weeks 7-9's notes. They are the weeks I didnt bother going cos of Earth Hour and other projects, so trying to study for it is a joke!

I think I might be falling back on the alliances from strategic management alright. We did some franchising somwhere before also, and exporting cant be that hard to understand right?

You are the 3rd person to say they have every faith in me in the past 24 hours...no pressure like! :o But thanks though :)
    I'm sure you will do fine, as long as you relax, and dont let it get on top of you like last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

ive had a few days to recover since strat, but thought this exam would be easier as at least i understand the material for this module! its exactly how u said in a previous post....should have been an a module, as we got a2 and b1 in the pres and proj. but now i dont know! i wouldnt say so!! sounds like they expect an awful lot!! im studying at home so dont have a book or anything for the e-marketing question! have u found any good journal articles??

yep exporting and franchising are grand, s.alliances also grand-im using alot of the stuff i had for the strat mgt essay.

cant wait for 2moro to be over....lisa o'malleys one shouldn't be too bad? although my midterm wasnt great and we only got a b3 in the pres! :(:( i'm from leinster and havent a clue about rugby like....

Advertisement