Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread [for all preparation and exam talk nonsense]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

We got a B1 in the project as well, and an A1 in the presentation, but still its not an awful lot. All the effort we put in to both assignments, and still only worth 40% overall...not right imo.

It means we have to put in loads of effort for the exam as well, despite being up the walls all semester with this module!

I havent got a book for e-marketing either, and tbh I'm barely using the recommended readings, let alone look for other ones!! **** it like, at this stage I just need to pass, if it means sacrificing a possible 1:1, then so be it..

As for Lisa's exam, that should be grand. One question for 30%, and we have the question, thats the way tmrw's exam ought to be as well. I've put in less work for Lisa's module and I've got 50% going in already. We got an A1 in the presentation. I'm from Leinster too ya know. [We have to keep that quiet around here, the Munster fans are still disappointed ;):p I'm only joking peeps!]

Enough procrastinating for today...back to study! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

So spanish at 9 in the morning. Planing to go to bed at 2 and get up at 5, aparentely 3 hours sleep is better than 4 becuase I won't go into as deep a sleep. I hope it works out.

Aparentely there is an essay on the economic crisis, have one of those prepared. If the environment comes up Im gonna write about the economic one :D

Best of luck to anyone who has exams tomorrow.

*Looks at time*....why the hell am I on boards still???

The exam is in just over 12 hours and I've given in for today.
    I feel that I got a fair amount read, but what will stick is another thing. I've only barely covered the topics, cos I'm hoping that as this module isnt being done anymore that the lecturers [yes there are 2 of them] are going to be nice to us being 4th years and all as well!! :rolleyes:

Time for some rest, and then up early to cram it all in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Mossin wrote: »
    if it means sacrificing a possible 1:1, then so be it..

wow...i hate u ;) il be taking the ol 2:2 methinks...f**k it sure, i thoroughly enjoyed my drunken stupour that lasted 4 years!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Exam in 15 hours 45 minutes

Sum total study 15 minutes...I've given up!!

I've lost all will to do anything but pass. My QCA cumulative is in and around 2.7 so I've a fair margin of error for the 2:2 and no hope of a 2:1....why bother!

Fvcking tonsils getting me that 2.4 in 2nd year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

Tonsils?!
    Hates that...

I've just about managed the consolidation calculation...thats provided it comes up like the week 8 tutorial and not like last years exam paper...

Up early-ish tomorrow to find out what in the name of bejesus hes going to ask on the Regina report....and figure out which long question im going to do and try and learn it!

Anybody got any idea how much he wants written for the last 20 mark question!?

Good luck to everybody with exams tomorrow!
    Heres hoping the Curve saves us all!

Tonsils?!
    Hates that...

I've just about managed the consolidation calculation...thats provided it comes up like the week 8 tutorial and not like last years exam paper...

Up early-ish tomorrow to find out what in the name of bejesus hes going to ask on the Regina report....and figure out which long question im going to do and try and learn it!

Anybody got any idea how much he wants written for the last 20 mark question!?

Good luck to everybody with exams tomorrow!
    Heres hoping the Curve saves us all!

missed about 2 weeks solid in semester one with tonsilitis and 6 weeks in semester 2 between having them out and recopoperating.

ICS is the easiest essay question from what I can see...I'll be working off lecture notes for consolidations!

Thats a right pain about the tonsils,
    I had mine out when I was younger and missed about 2 months...
    Junior Infants class, took me ages to catch up..haha

Yeah I was thinking ICS for the last one, is that just the COSO framework with the focus on control activities?
    Theres a whole tutorial on it so it'd be handy if thats what it was...

Oh and do you know if we did anything about a Turnball report?
    It came up on the Regina Case Study one year and we cant figure out if we didnt do it at all or we just missed that lecture...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Am I right in saying;

>2.9 = 2.1

>3.4 = 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Btw the John Heneghan exam sounds exactly like ours... And its on at the same time too. Sense that does not make though seeing as I know Ninty's in 4th year and I'm in 2nd... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

cson wrote: »
    Am I right in saying;

>2.9 = 2.1

>3.4 = 1.1

And for us mortals...

>2.6 = 2.2

Am I right in saying;

>2.9 = 2.1

>3.4 = 1.1
    klong wrote: »
    And for us mortals...

>2.6 = 2.2

And for us BBS heads

>3.35=1:1
    >2.95=2:1
    >2.5=2:2
    Btw the John Heneghan exam sounds exactly like ours... And its on at the same time too. Sense that does not make though seeing as I know Ninty's in 4th year and I'm in 2nd... :confused:
    It is the same...new course.

wow...i hate u il be taking the ol 2:2 methinks...f**k it sure, i thoroughly enjoyed my drunken stupour that lasted 4 years!

I've quite enjoyed 4 years of drunkenness also! I've just somehow managed to get some good results along the way. I wont be getting a 1:1 without A's in my FYP, and I'm not too optimistic about that...

Anyhow, after what was the worst nights sleep I've ever endured, I'm up again, and feeling like a wreck!
    Gotta go cram cram cram cram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Am I right in saying;

>2.9 = 2.1

>3.4 = 1.1

And for Humanties students, the discretionary band of 0.1 is taking very liberally... so...

>3.3-3.4 = 1.1
    >2.8-.2.9 = 2.1
    >2.5-2.6 = 2.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

And for Humanties students, the discretionary band of 0.1 is taking very liberally... so...

>3.3-3.4 = 1.1
    >2.8-.2.9 = 2.1
    >2.5-2.6 = 2.2

really? is thats pretty definate? just might scrape the 2.8 if my fyp doesnt turn out to be the pile of ****e which im pretty sure it is and cruxifies me! ...wishing thinking though id say! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

can everyone in the library please SHUT THE **** UP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blinux

I've been looking at this forum since i came to ul in september. ye have a Nice Job done on it. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Let's all rejoice...

I FINALLY start my exams tomorrow. I never thought I'd be happy about exams but after waiting so long I can't wait to get them over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ninty9er wrote: »
    And for us BBS heads

>3.35=1:1
    >2.95=2:1
    >2.5=2:2

It is the same...new course.
    I guess thats what happens when our competing with a few 100 other business students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

>3.3-3.4 = 1.1
    >2.8-.2.9 = 2.1
    >2.5-2.6 = 2.2

It would be pretty cool to have a QCA calculator to use in the run up to exams, so that if you input your current QCA you could see what grades you need to get to a 1.1, 2.1, 2.2. Eg., your QCA = 2.75. Grades needed to get 2.1 are....

Anyhoo, exam 4 tomorrow, Admin Law.

• Advertisement

klong wrote: »
    It would be pretty cool to have a QCA calculator to use in the run up to exams, so that if you input your current QCA you could see what grades you need to get to a 1.1, 2.1, 2.2. Eg., your QCA = 2.75. Grades needed to get 2.1 are.... .

Perhaps an FYP idea for some computers students....

Auditingin two and a half hours and Im shattered.
    I hate 4pm exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh.....my......bejaysus!!!

BIM2 was a spectacular fail, left 9 blank, about 4 half or part answered, and most of the answered ones were a complete shot in the dark!!:(

I am royally fecked for that.
    I can just hear my QCA plummeting.

Still though, just Man. Accounting tomorrow to fail, then I can go home, and get drunk while watching Eurovision:cool:

I'm holed up in a secret location studying for Auditing, yet to start the essay, but I have a consolidation done and I THINK I understand it:rolleyes:

Ah sure....I'll be back here on procrastination.ie boards.ie around 8 to update on my misery and hair tearing out....I have also been told by numerous people that they've never seen so many Facebook status updates on the same exam...I think it's somewhere near 20 at this stage over the weekend....just for this exam.

And Tax tomorrow...deary me, what a poorly lectured module....if only it were Elaine lecturing again this semester! *sigh*

BIM2 was a spectacular fail, left 9 blank, about 4 half or part answered, and most of the answered ones were a complete shot in the dark!!:(

Still though, just Man. Accounting tomorrow to fail, then I can go home, and get drunk while watching Eurovision:cool:

It might be a bit late now to tell you, but your first year QCA doesn't matter as long as it's above 2 andyou haven't gotten more than 2 compensating fails each semester.

You get a clean slate next year!:D

ninty9er wrote: »
    It might be a bit late now to tell you, but your first year QCA doesn't matter as long as it's above 2 andyou haven't gotten more than 2 compensating fails each semester.

You get a clean slate next year!:D

Oh ya, I forgot. :o

Don't mind me, it's a Monday morning...:p

Well, I got the hell out of BIM as quick as I could, before I could start crying at the complete disaster that was the paper, and got a couple of hours of work done for Acc.

I then decided I'd take a break for a while, because I got pretty much have the module studied.

And now in that time it seems as if everything has been going wrong!!!
    I went onto Ulsterbank.ie to transfer some dosh, and it's gone all Italian on me, :(.

I spend about 10 minutes having mt face inches away from some girl's arse while she was practically sittting on the desk next to me, nattering away with 2 other girls.
    Then cue a giggling fit from other girls on the other side!!!!

I really want some chocolate :(...
    But I can't :mad:, cos I've got the stupid orthodontist now :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, needed to rant a bit :o

Well, I got the hell out of BIM as quick as I could, before I could start crying at the complete disaster that was the paper, and got a couple of hours of work done for Acc.

I then decided I'd take a break for a while, because I got pretty much have the module studied.

And now in that time it seems as if everything has been going wrong!!!
    I went onto Ulsterbank.ie to transfer some dosh, and it's gone all Italian on me, :(.

I spend about 10 minutes having mt face inches away from some girl's arse while she was practically sittting on the desk next to me, nattering away with 2 other girls.
    Then cue a giggling fit from other girls on the other side!!!!

I really want some chocolate :(...
    But I can't :mad:, cos I've got the stupid orthodontist now :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, needed to rant a bit :o

In the absence of BD and given what I'm going to be doing next year....here have a cookie!! BTW all that orthodontics is worth it! See->:D

Back from the ortho, good news is I'm getting the tracks out next month :)

Bad news is my wisdom teeth may have to come out :(

Still though, at least I won't have the exams to worry about though!
    Just the results....and the 2 gaping holes in my mouth.:mad:

And the pain...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

>3.3-3.4 = 1.1
    >2.8-.2.9 = 2.1
    >2.5-2.6 = 2.2

I think I actually like the idea of my degree being part of the college of humanities now.

Anyway Spanish is over with, the essay on the economy came up but the paper had a different structure to other years and some of the grammar exercises were bizzare. Nothing like we've done in class which seems a stupid. I know its a language but the paper should reflect what we have covered. Ah I was happy enough overall anyway.

Im taking the evening off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya was talking to a few mates in business and they said BIM2 was hard alright...

Or you could be like me who did business and a german and have a exam on wednesday and doesn't get to go out with all his friends in business who finish on tuesday!

Though im still considering going out because the german isn't till 4pm on wednesday.

As for managerial accounting, im not too worried just want to pass it and can do the cash budget and answer a few mcq's thats all you need

Advertisement