Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Thread [for all preparation and exam talk nonsense]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I would just like to say, with all due respect...

TURN DOWN THE FÚCKING TV!!!

And when I come downstairs and ask you to turn down the tv, don't go upstairs and turn your radio on instead!

Edit: Hoovering is generally accepted as being really bloody annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well there wasnt much unexpected about A&AAP but the essay question on Internal Control Systems was a little more specific than I would have liked.

Overall a fair exam in which my own preparation let me down. And right on cue at 8pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

Yeah my own lack of preparation in terms of the essay really let me down, its my own fault really but im still going to blame John H!

Tax tomorrow and im really dreading it, awful lecturer, terrible notes and no real indication of whats coming up in the three questions in section B. Im guessing Close Companies (which im trying to avoid like the plague!) and CGT maybe, but the third one is a bit of a mystery...

Anybody else out there think shes likely to as stamp duty or ethics?There wasnt even a tutorial on stamp duty was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I spend about 10 minutes having mt face inches away from some girl's arse

You know there are people who would pay for that privilege :P

Apologies for lowering the tone of the conversation.....bored in Germany what else can you do :)

Yeah my own lack of preparation in terms of the essay really let me down, its my own fault really but im still going to blame John H!

Tax tomorrow and im really dreading it, awful lecturer, terrible notes and no real indication of whats coming up in the three questions in section B. Im guessing Close Companies (which im trying to avoid like the plague!) and CGT maybe, but the third one is a bit of a mystery...

Anybody else out there think shes likely to as stamp duty or ethics?There wasnt even a tutorial on stamp duty was there?
    I've come to the conclusion, having spoken to a fellow legionaire of studyguard, that I'm better off WITHOUT accounting exemptions, yes you heard right, WITHOUT them, and you know WHY, because CAP2 draws heavily on CAP1 bases meaning by becoming exempt from CAP 1 you're shooting your chances of a decent CAP2 right in the foot!

:D*sings*

• Advertisement

Thats one insteresting way of looking at it!!
    I'd still rather get my exemptions though...you know, for the fun of it!

Going to call it a night methinks and try and forget about Auditing...and that way make room for Tax bright and early tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I dunno did you have the same exam as me or what but I thought it was alright. I also had the privilege of the sheriff himself coming over to me enquiring as to how things were going midway through the exam. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DCJR

Thought the exam was more than fair.

seeing as the consolidation was on the paper two years ago and i had attempted it prior to the exam and got it balanced.

Sheriff came up to me aswell.

"DCJR, you're flying it are you?"....."very happy John"....."great stuff, great stuff"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

one down one to go

come on tomorrow at 11 when im free for the summer again

*prays the weather holds*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm only getting around to commenting on my exam from yesterday now, cos I went straight to the Stables after the exam and didnt leave till closing!!
    Yes the exam was that bad!

Not much else to say about it ...
    A week off now to recover and study for next Monday's exam

• Advertisement

****in TAX!!!

It's one of the simplest things going yet they manage to complicate it with all this fvckin theory and whys and becauses....

WE DON'T need to know WHY....we just need to know....a book will tell any interested party the theory without confusing the hell out of me!!!

On the plus side I'm free of exams after 6:30 this evening and I'm off the SU dinner then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

ninty9er wrote: »
    ****in TAX!!!

It's one of the simplest things going yet they manage to complicate it with all this fvckin theory and whys and becauses....

WE DON'T need to know WHY....we just need to know....a book will tell any interested party the theory without confusing the hell out of me!!!

On the plus side I'm free of exams after 6:30 this evening and I'm off the SU dinner then :D

Haven't gone to a single tax lecture or tutorial all semester. Didn't even know lecturers name till today. Come on compensating fail :p! Ill see u down there DD's

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Right had Man. Acc. today.
    If it's possible, it went even WORSE than BIM!!!

I'll be honest, I did feck all for it, and it definitely cost me...

I might be ok with the MCQs, but the budget definitely let me down!!!

Then I went into the exam, and suddenly got the "Etcetera" Eurovision song into my head!!!:mad:

Was driving me mental the whole time!!

Still though, finished now :), have a few weeks off to not worry about it anyways.
    Just hope I won't have to repeat :(

Well Corporate Tax today....
    .....May have just cost my the job I had lined up next year pending exams results...

Its ok though, I have a back up plan....Im going to write country music song about how margery stapleton ruined my life....

Now just to sleep, destress and get back into it for study tomorrow for my last ever UL exam on thursday.....well its public finances, so theres probably repeats to be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

annnddddd im done

hoping for lenient marking on media programming 3 but should make a compensation at the very least

roll on the celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Had managerial accouting yesterday, the budget went fairly well and knew a good few mcq's so should come out with an alright grade.

German at 4pm today then im finished, looking like its gonna be fairly hard but just want it over and done with so I can start celebrating.

Wanted to go out so bad last night with my business mates!

je suis/ich bin/tá mé

FINISHED

My 4 years of arsing around as a student is over...now to get started on them clubs and socs budgets....and get through my viva voce tomorrow and I've to collect my dad's new car in Kerry on Friday so no drinking tonight or tomorrow.

Tax wasn't as disastrous as I had been expecting and I was able to do about half of each question apart from the VAT question which a 6th year history student would have been able for with 25 minutes of learning.

Having put in so little work, I feel vindicated because of all the studyguard who spent countless days studying and felling worse after the exam than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

6 down 2 to go. Sweet....ish

Final exam looming large next Monday...been a ****ty week as I havent been too bothered studying or it..
    Eventually got around to doing some yesterday, and i fairness I got a fair amount read, somewhere in the region of 15 pdf files read, which is great imo...

Now to spend today reading the notes and putting an essay together.

The exam is only 1 question worth 30%..it covers the entire course, so shouldnt be too bad right?!

Back to it...procrastination that is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blinux

Right had Man. Acc. today.
    If it's possible, it went even WORSE than BIM!!!

I'll be honest, I did feck all for it, and it definitely cost me...

I might be ok with the MCQs, but the budget definitely let me down!!!

Then I went into the exam, and suddenly got the "Etcetera" Eurovision song into my head!!!:mad:

Was driving me mental the whole time!!

Still though, finished now :), have a few weeks off to not worry about it anyways.
    Just hope I won't have to repeat :(

Doubt it... she'll mark the cash budget easy enough... an attempt will get you marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mossin wrote: »
    The exam is only 1 question worth 30%..it covers the entire course, so shouldnt be too bad right?!
    You might well think that Dave but I wouldn't go betting the farm on it. Mind you, I probably would but I doubt you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

ninty9er wrote: »

Tax wasn't as disastrous as I had been expecting

Jaysus... i'll let you answer those who have sent emails to my inbox!!!

You seem to be very much in the minority my good friend!!

Maybe you should talk to Eamonn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Finished!!!

Starting work Monday morning.

DJCR wrote: »
    Jaysus... i'll let you answer those who have sent emails to my inbox!!!

You seem to be very much in the minority my good friend!!

Maybe you should talk to Eamonn!!!
    I had been expecting a massacre, hence bad as it was I was still able to answer a question or 2.

Tick tock, tick tock...the clock is still ticking towards the end of the exams...
    Its been a tough 2.5 weeks, but its almost over with now..

I've enough done for today, and tbh I'd love a pint or two, but I probably wouldnt stop there, and end up fecking up the exam tmrw, so I'll wait until 2pm at the latest! :)

Just cos I didnt want to start a new thread, I'm keeping this alive a little..

But when are the results out officially does anybody know?
    I usually know this myself, but I'm way too laid back at the moment to bother looking myself..

I need to plan my next session! :D

June 22nd, according to the signs in the hall :)

Day after the new Top Gear series starts, that's how I'm going to remember it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

June 22nd, according to the signs in the hall :)

Day after the new Top Gear series starts, that's how I'm going to remember it :P

I can't wait either...............for Top Gear that is :D

The Don wrote: »
    I can't wait either...............for Top Gear that is :D

Woop!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement