Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valhalla - Deliverance Why've you ever forgotten me...............

• 26-04-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Not another random thread title I hear you shriek!

An appreciation thread for by far one of the greatest groups of their genre.. BLIND GUARDIAN..

for years they have produced album after album of sheer bliss.. I know a lot of posters on here got to see them in the TBMC or Button Factory or whatever it is nowadays..

Stunning, Batallions of Fear through to Nightfall in Middle Earth and even the latest album was stunning...

All I can say now is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I found out about them visiting here a month or two after and I was very disappointed! I've only listened to Nightfall in Middle-Earth, A Twist in the Myth and bits of A Night at the Opera thus far but I've been meaning to listen to more of them, since I'm a total powerfag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Is their earlier stuff any good?

I've only got their last album and I didn't think too much of it, seemed a bit sterile or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LOVE Blind Guardian, they were one of the first power metal bands I really started getting into. Cheesy as hell but a lot of fun.

Valhalla's a fecking great song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is their earlier stuff any good?

I've only got their last album and I didn't think too much of it, seemed a bit sterile or something.

Get Imaginations from the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get Imaginations from the other side.

Quality album, Follow The Blind is probably my favourite Blind Guardian album though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Best power metal band out there imo and my favourite band. Imaginations from the Other Side would be my favourite album, A night at the Opera is another brilliant one. Their earlier work is quite different, more along the lines of speed metal but still very good, this being one of my favourite tracks

Overall an absolutly brilliant band, so go listen if you havent!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Their gig in the TBMC a couple of years ago was amazing. Random bouts of Valhalla kept erupting throughout the night. Excellent set list too. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to. Think a lot of Germans and other Europeans came over for it as only once in a blue moon is it possible to see them in such a small, intimate venue.

Once again; Amazing gig.

Also Imaginations... and Tales From The Twilight World are probably my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It was a fantastic gig indeed. Was great to see them in a nice small venue.

Advertisement