Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer irish to english bank??

Options
  • 26-04-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

i need to transfer £500stg to a nat west account in the uk. i have all the relevant details of the recepient account iban/bic etc. i need to know is there a means of quickening the transfer by paying an extra fee, or will it take the standard 3-5 days. i know in the uk for an extra £7 you can get that transfer processed within 24 hours, just wondering would the same service be available for an irish to uk sterling transfer?.

in the event of that rapid service not existing, if i pay for the transfer on monday can i expect the uk receiver to have their funds by friday at latest?

all help appreciated.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Most banks will offer a same day option. Usually the cut off is fairly early so get down to your branch first thing in the morning. Which bank are you sending it from over here BTW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

IIRC the cutoff is midday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

I did a same-day transfer in January from my AIB account to a Nat West account in London. I was charged by AIB at this end which was fine but Nat West also deducted a fee at the other end also, which I didn't know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

For BOI the cut off is 10am. Meaning that you will have to drop in the instruction the day before.

Advertisement