Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Pompey Match Thread 27th April - 8pm Kick Off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

They were thinking chelsea paid him £70k a week and they wanted him tio sign for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

That_Guy wrote: »
    Great save from Harper.

Not according to the BBC Website
    2137: A blistering break from Nadir Belhadj, who really is incredibly quick. His shot forces a brilliant save from Shay Given.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Carroll hadn't got to that cross from Duff, I'd have fancied Owen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

newcastle are far too narrow, no creativity, no width & cant use the ball at all.
    wheres the fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Chances chances.

10 minutes for Newcastle to save themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pompey to sneak it

Unlucky pompey

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Off the post for Pompey!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

84mins

tick tock

• Advertisement

Newcastle seem unable to clear the ball.

Best fans in the country are leaving the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

3 mins of injury time..

Portsmouth dominating.

Newcastle useless.

Best fans in the country are leaving the stadium.

Oh come on!!! That is a little petty.

They're seeing their side, who should be nowhere near the relegation zone, play terrible soccer under terrible management, in place because the club is run in a horrific manner.

I'm surprised they still turn up.

looks like it could be the end of the newcastle in the EPL

0-0, ft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Thats it lads..no way back now IMO...always coca-cola. I actually feel sick.

ad dammit i shouldve went for 5-1 draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

FCUKKKKKKK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't see Newcastle beating Fulham, Villa or Liverpool tbh

A point keeps them in touch. I wish them the best for the remainder of the campaign, as I said earlier I would hate to see them go down.

GuanYin wrote: »
    They're seeing their side, who should be nowhere near the relegation zone, play terrible soccer under terrible management, in place because the club is run in a horrific manner.
    Yet they were so quick to attack poor Bobby Robson for only finishing 5th a few seasons back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Always liked Guthrie and was willing to give him the benifit of the doubt after that really bad tackle at the end of a game earlier in the season but he showed with that attempt at a stamp on the Hermanator in the corner that he's devloping quite the nasty streak.
    Can't see Newcastle beating Fulham, Villa or Liverpool tbh

I was saying it in the Newcaste thread the other day, I dont think they will need much more than 3 points Vs boro to stay up. I really cant see Hull getting any more than 1 more point.

Pompy now safe, Toon in dire straights.

Newcastle-Boro is going to be massive. winners of that could well stay up as Hull are going down imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Season is over as far as I'm concerned. Don't really know what to be feeling right now.

Yet they were so quick to attack poor Bobby Robson for only finishing 5th a few seasons back.

They have a sense of entitlement that is amusing. It isn't as annoying as the sense of entitlement some other EPL supporters have....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Fans unfairly criticise manager shocka!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pompy now safe, Toon in dire straights.

Newcastle-Boro is going to be massive. winners of that could well stay up as Hull are going down imo
    Yep, one of 'boro or Toon are almost certain to go down at this stage. In my opinion, a draw sees them both going down, and a win might bring safety for one team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

GuanYin wrote: »
    Oh come on!!! That is a little petty.

I'm surprised they still turn up.
    Why not? They are dreadful. Tom Humphries was right when he wrote recently about being "always vexed and bemused by the great affection offered to sad and pathetic old Newcastle"

Absolutely shocking performance tonight. They had a chance tonight to give themselves at good shot at staying up but they blew it.
    Maybe a spell in the Championship will make them realise that no team has a God given right to be in the Top Leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

x-posted from the poker forum

Whats the difference in Newcastle and Alan Shearer?

Shearer will be on Match of the Day next season.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why not? They are dreadful. Tom Humphries was right when he wrote recently about be "always vexed and bemused by the great affection offered to sad and pathetic old Newcastle"

Absolutely shocking performance tonight. They had a chance tonight to give themselves at good shot at staying up but they blew it.
    Maybe a spell in the Championshi will make them realise that no team has a God given right to be in the Top Leagues.

+1 on everything you've said.

Sick of this too big to go down crap that the media seem to churn out. We're not a big club. We've got a big support and that's it. We don't have big players. We have players who used to be big which we've managed to run into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

so, will newcastle be the only team in the championship to have those flashy digital advertising boards?

KevIRL wrote: »
    x-posted from the poker forum

Whats the difference in Newcastle and Alan Shearer?

Shearer will be on Match of the Day next season.

I posted that in the Newcastle Team Talk thread already mate.

I don't think he'll be allowed back on MOTD. If his punditry is half as bad as his team talks to the Newcastle players then it's going to be utter crap.

I can see it now.

Gary Lineker: So Alan what did you think of that wonderful goal?

Alan: Well you know, they kicked it around for a bit and scored. I think he should definitely do that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

NO creativity, NO spirit, NO fight, NO chance........

I could concievably see Hull losing at least 3 of their 4 matches, if not them all so its far from over for Newcastle, and Boros run-in is tough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched the game. Newcastle are really poor. It's amazing when you consider how well they started the season.

I can still see them staying up though. As poor as they are, Hull and Boro are worse and will go down instead.

M5 wrote: »
    NO creativity, NO spirit, NO fight, NO chance........

And no fcuking spine.

Owen's wasted chance just shows how much of a lazy SOB he is. Did nothing tonight and when the ball falls to his feet he misses a perfect chance to score.

Martins is the only striker apart from Carroll who wants to play for the Toon it seems. He put off surgery on his groin to play for the remaining games. Legend.

Owen--- Overpaid donkey.

Hull

Aston Villa v Hull ...shouldnt win
    Hull v Stoke ..........draw
    Bolton v Hull......nope
    Hull v Man Utd ....shouldnt but the league could be over

boro

Middlesbrough v Man Utd........shouldnt win
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough......biggest match of the season for toon
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa.......shouldnt win
    West Ham v Middlesbrough .........shouldnt win

newcastle

Liverpool v Newcastle.........wont be winning
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough..
    Newcastle v Fulham.....draw
    Aston Villa v Newcastle.....loose

If Hull get a win against Stoke I can't see either Newcastle or Boro catching them tbh

• Advertisement

Martins is the only striker apart from Carroll who wants to play for the Toon it seems.
    Have to give props to Enrique as well. Best player on the pitch before he had to go off. Poor bugger looked absolutely gutted.

And no fcuking spine.

Owen's wasted chance just shows how much of a lazy SOB he is. Did nothing tonight and when the ball falls to his feet he misses a perfect chance to score.

Martins is the only striker apart from Carroll who wants to play for the Toon it seems. He put off surgery on his groin to play for the remaining games. Legend.

Owen--- Overpaid donkey.

Think he showed how little he wants to be there tonight. You would imagine that some kind of professional pride would com into it. How long did the ball spend in our final 3rd with Bassong/Colo? No one making runs, seemingly disinterested in attacking an already on holidays Portsmouth side. Beye flinging his arms up in the air with no one to pass the ball to in the last 15 mins, enough said!

Owen--- Overpaid lazy donkey
    Martins-- Unfit
    Viduka-- Unfit
    Butt-- Past it but tried tonight
    Duff-- Static
    Guthrie-- Static
    Beye-- Tried
    Colo-- lacking any passing skills
    Bsssong- Clumsy
    Smith-- Bring on Barton please......
    Jonas-- Waste of money
    Enrique- Newcastle improved when he departed
    Carroll- Not good enough yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sheeeeeeeeiittttttt

That makes things very difficult. Oba and Owen have to really look at themselves after this one. Both are paid ridiculous sums of money to score goals. Both had stone wall chances.

Barton has to play. Don't care if its a gamble fitness wise, we need someone who plays for the black and white, someone with a point to prove.

Seriously mate, that's so wrong its laughable.

Call us fat, call us deluded, call messiah worshiping idiots. But please, don't try and make it out as if the fans wanted Robson out. Most fans would Lynch Shepherd if given the chance for how he treated Wor Bobby.

Owen--- Overpaid lazy donkey
    Martins-- Unfit
    Viduka-- Unfit
    Butt-- Past it but tried tonight
    Duff-- Static
    Guthrie-- Static
    Beye-- Tried
    Colo-- lacking any passing skills
    Bsssong- Clumsy
    Smith-- Bring on Barton please......
    Jonas-- Waste of money
    Enrique- Newcastle improved when he departed
    Carroll- Not good enough yet

He's the only player willing to run at players. I know he hasn't scored for us yet but he's got forward momentum and is the only player who is willing to get forward instead of keeping the ball in midfield. He's got a poor squad to work with to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I thought Butt was the Toons only decent player tonight.

He's the only player willing to run at players. I know he hasn't scored for us yet but he's got forward momentum and is the only player who is willing to get forward instead of keeping the ball in midfield. He's got a poor squad to work with to be fair.

dosent do it for me, Kevin Kilbane comes to mind.... No quality in his passing, head down and run... IMHO

I thought Butt was the Toons only decent player tonight.

He was the only one who looked up for it. He's the only player who looked professional. His days are numbered but he desperately wants to keep Newcastle up even if he isn't going to win anything with them.

dosent do it for me, Kevin Kilbane comes to mind.... No quality in his passing, head down and run... IMHO

His heart is definitely in the right place though when he plays for the black and white jersey. Useless donkeys around him who can't control a ball for his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I only saw the first half but Duff looked pretty good and stoke in a couple of crosses that where wasted chances as well as making a few good interception.
    Also Butt looked really fired up making tackles no one else was willing to make.
    And collecini? not sure of the name seemed to play alright to but the rest seemed pretty anonomous.

• Advertisement

His heart is definitely in the right place though when he plays for the black and white jersey. Useless donkeys around him who can't control a ball for his life.

Heart yes, when was the last time he created a goal though. I really dont think hes up to it. Started off really brightly. He was outstanding in the Man U game. The team is struggling and its just the time when you want your flair players to do something to change the game. He hasnt done it half often enough for me. I'd actually have Duff on ahead of him. He too has heart and covers a lot of ground....

Advertisement