Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Pompey Match Thread 27th April - 8pm Kick Off

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I only saw the first half but Duff looked pretty good and stoke in a couple of crosses that where wasted chances as well as making a few good interception.
    Also Butt looked really fired up making tackles no one else was willing to make.
    And collecini? not sure of the name seemed to play alright to but the rest seemed pretty anonomous.

Second half was the opposite of everything you just mentioned apart from Butt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

el rabitos wrote: »
    so, will newcastle be the only team in the championship to have those flashy digital advertising boards?

No...they'll be sold to Wolves along with Michael Owen......

M5 wrote: »
    Heart yes, when was the last time he created a goal though. I really dont think hes up to it. Started off really brightly. He was outstanding in the Man U game. The team is struggling and its just the time when you want your flair players to do something to change the game. He hasnt done it half often enough for me. I'd actually have Duff on ahead of him. He too has heart and covers a lot of ground....

He covers a lot of ground but I don't think Duff has the pace anymore. It seems to me that Duff is always slowing things down when he gets the ball and his passing and movement off the ball is extremely predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Headshot wrote: »
    Hull

Aston Villa v Hull ...shouldnt win
    Hull v Stoke ..........draw
    Bolton v Hull......nope
    Hull v Man Utd ....shouldnt but the league could be over

boro

Middlesbrough v Man Utd........shouldnt win
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough......biggest match of the season for toon
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa.......shouldnt win
    West Ham v Middlesbrough .........shouldnt win

newcastle

Liverpool v Newcastle.........wont be winning
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough..
    Newcastle v Fulham.....draw
    Aston Villa v Newcastle.....loose

Looking at those fixtures, it's hard to call. Hull have two very winnable games against Stoke and Bolton but they are in such awful form it's hard to see them beating anyone.

I actually think Hull will go down as they've been on a desperate run for months now and must be woefully short of confidence. So alot could hinge on the Newcastle-Boro game, a draw is always a likely result in that fixture but a draw in this instance mightn't be much use to either team. Biggest game of the season for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That_Guy wrote: »
    He covers a lot of ground but I don't think Duff has the pace anymore. It seems to me that Duff is always slowing things down when he gets the ball and his passing and movement off the ball is extremely predictable.

Problem for both is there is 0 movement in our midfield, it has to be a very good pass to play the ball to a player standing up scratching his A hole

• Advertisement

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Biggest game of the season for both teams.

It certainly is now. I've got very little confidence left in our squad. I'm probably not even going to watch the hammering Liverpool give us next Sunday.

M5 wrote: »
    Problem for both is there is 0 movement in our midfield, it has to be a very good pass to play the ball to a player standing up scratching his A hole

Should be easy enough to pass it to Owen then. He just stands in the one place it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Coouple of questions for the bar code fans.
    • What was the score with the fat bloke singing the bladon races?
    • Did he last the full 90 minutes or leave after 80 like most of the other "Best Fans in the World"?

If Newcastle are going to pay someone to abuse away fans, they might want to ensure they finish the game with a stadium full of fans and three points first.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Abuse away fans?

Coouple of questions for the bar code fans.
    • What was the score with the fat bloke singing the bladon races?
    • Did he last the full 90 minutes or leave after 80 like most of the other "Best Fans in the World"?

If Newcastle are going to pay someone to abuse away fans, they might want to ensure they finish the game with a stadium full of fans and three points first.:mad:

Firstly the guy was there to get the crowd pumped which he did. And secondly you're obviously not a Newcastle fan and the reason people left is because they were sick of watching their team pinned in their own half for the last 8 or so minutes in a match they should have won.

And thirdly I don't know where you're getting this information that he "abused" the away fans. His job was to get the home crowd riled up. He wasn't there to ensure 320 Portsmouth fans got abused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Unfortunately, right now, Newcastle seem better at conjuring moments of crass embarrassment. Just before kick-off on Monday night Graeme Danby, a Geordie opera singer, led an on-pitch rendition of Blaydon Races before crudely patronising the smattering of Portsmouth fans who had made the journey north, a round trip of 800 miles and 18 hours. "Have you come in a ****ing car?" bellowed the microphone-wielding Danby before further taunting them with: "You're the Mackems of the south coast."

Pompey will not be making an official complaint but they were distinctly unimpressed. "It wasn't good," said a club spokesman yesterday. "It was unnecessary, cringe-making and embarrassing. The guy clearly got carried away."

hah:D

Jesus I didn't know he said that.

Apologies to Fratton Fred. Didn't realise he said that. Not cool that he did that.

Advertisement