Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informal charity / help forum?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have no idea whether or not anyone reading might be interested in this, but felt compelled to share this idea on the off-chance that it resonates with anyone.

In brief : I am wondering if anyone in the Waterford area would be interested in some sort of informal charity or help group, or if something like this already exists.

Here is a quote from a brief (and tentative) proposal I typed up :
    Proposal for a help network in Waterford, Ireland

What's this about?
    • providing people with a forum where they can ask for whatever help they might need - without feeling embarassed or ashamed
    • voluntary sharing of resources
    • making ourselves available to look after, to help, and to support one another
    • exploring an existence which - in as far as is feasible - isn't determined or shaped by money

Keywords : sharing, non-coercion, abundance, informal charity, gift economy, mutual aid, money-free

I mentioned this in the volunteer forum a while ago ( here ), but - since I'm in Waterford myself - I thought it would make sense to see if anyone here was interested. (I hope the moderators don't mind me raising the issue again).

Advertisement