Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Launch 24 mbit BB for €54.63 a month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It a valid VAT number a prerequirement for the 12mbit and the 24mbit Business Offnet Versions , we know about the OnNet condition .

Nope - the ONLY product that requires the VAt number is the 24Mbps LLU product for €24 - nothing else. There is good reason for this. My bad for not explaining correctly - will be clear on website soon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

crawler wrote: »
    BK - the pricing is correct. Thanks for noticing.

Then your pricing is simply outstanding, and if advertised and marketed right, Smart should steal loads of customers from Eircom, great job altogether.

You guys should be shouting about this off the top of every tower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Nope - there are about 300+ exchanges ADSL2+ the others are currently ADSL (7.6Mbps max).

And if you're lucky enough to be on one of those exchanges you'll need a new modem that supports ADSL2?

cerbeus wrote: »
    And if you're lucky enough to be on one of those exchanges you'll need a new modem that supports ADSL2?

We will send you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

How can one tell if their exchange is ADSL or ADSL2+? Is there a list or checker somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

There you go....

Automated line checker being worked on...currently only checks LLU exchanges http://www.smarttelecom.ie/line_checker.aspx but being upgraded to test everything.

Thanks Crawler.
    what does the * behind the extended exchanges mean? (edit: it probalby means they are 24 Mbps enabled....)
    I'm on a 24Mbps extended exchange, does that mean I can get all your home offerings? Or are some LLU only?
    when using the line checker I only get offered the nationwide 3MB and 7MB packages...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm on a 24Mbps extended exchange, does that mean I can get all your home offerings? Or are some LLU only?
    when using the line checker I only get offered the nationwide 3MB and 7MB packages...

You can also get all these packages if on an upgraded exchange inaddition to the residential ones . Must add Vat to these totals .

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/business_offnet/compare.aspx

List of upgraded exchanges with ADSL2+ capability .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055528220

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

There you go....

Automated line checker being worked on...currently only checks LLU exchanges http://www.smarttelecom.ie/line_checker.aspx but being upgraded to test everything.

Not sure if smart aproves you posting on their behalf, if they do then ignore me but otherwise I suggest you remove that document before someone from smart sees it and trace it back to you my friend!

Just an advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well, I got very lucky it seems! Just ordered Smart 12Mb Broadband which became available yesterday in Ashbourne! Free connection, free wireless modem and €64.96 EUR a month. Not bad! I nearly went with BT 7.6Mb product which would have been a nightmare seen as I'm a gamer!

Two and a half weeks wait time though... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ordered the 24/1 home package today.

Eircom wont be out till next week to setup the second line in the house so order wont be processed until then.

Not in a rush tho cos I won't be around for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    Ordered the 24/1 home package today.

Eircom wont be out till next week to setup the second line in the house so order wont be processed until then.

Not in a rush tho cos I won't be around for a few weeks.
    You were able to get this product because your Exchange is a SMART Exchange (LLU) right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Called smart sales there and they say that my exchange isn't listed for 24mbit because it didn't come up on the phone checker, but it is capable of adsl2 and is listed on the extended exchanges Crawler posted. So I'm guessing the sales staff haven't been updated on the changes yet. I explained the situation but the sales rep didn't seem responsive so why bother arguing if they don't know yet, what can you do right?

You were able to get this product because your Exchange is a SMART Exchange (LLU) right?
    nutley exchange...its on that list of ADSL+2 exchanges I think.

line checker returned fine for the 24Mb and the sales girl didn't say otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Nope - the ONLY product that requires the VAt number is the 24Mbps LLU product for €24 - nothing else. There is good reason for this. My bad for not explaining correctly - will be clear on website soon.
    Not all businesses in Ireland have a VAT no. We don't, but are a current Smart business customer.

What is the situation for current customers?

line checker returned fine for the 24Mb and the sales girl didn't say otherwise!

Its on the LLU list.

Its on the LLU list.
    Indeed. You're a lucky man Kaimera! I can only get Eircom Bitstream in Ashbourne... :( Better than BT though! :D

Called smart sales there and they say that my exchange isn't listed for 24mbit because it didn't come up on the phone checker, but it is capable of adsl2 and is listed on the extended exchanges Crawler posted. So I'm guessing the sales staff haven't been updated on the changes yet. I explained the situation but the sales rep didn't seem responsive so why bother arguing if they don't know yet, what can you do right?
    I was in the same boat yesterday but finally got through to somebody who knew about the new offerings. I placed the order this morning but I feel I spoke to an Agent who just took my details down on a piece of paper as opposed to placing the order in the system properly... I'm expecting a call back...

What does the SMART Line Checker say for you CS? Mine now says:

"Sadly your phone line is not connected directly to one of Smart's telephone exchanges. However, it appears that your line does qualify for one of our other outstanding value for money services available NATIONWIDE."

Its on the LLU list.

:D

...though you may need to provide a VAT number now. :pac:

:D

...though you may need to provide a VAT number now. :pac:
    Not even! That's a Home Product! Lucky sod! :D

Have a inkling they aren't prepared for the ADSL2 people yet. I'm thinking they're hoards of us out there who will jump on this :D 300 exchanges vs the odd handful of LLU enabled ones. Hope they're prepared for the surge of new customers! Will try call again later on in the day, see if the situation changes.

• Advertisement

it's also the second 24/1 connection coming in.

new house is full of bandwidth whores xD so it's Smart*2.

No redundancy but NTL don't provide and IBB don't either of which we had between us before.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Not sure if smart aproves you posting on their behalf, if they do then ignore me but otherwise I suggest you remove that document before someone from smart sees it and trace it back to you my friend!

Just an advice

Appreciate the advice but not needed. Coverage is not a secret. Nice of you all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Appreciate the advice but not needed. Coverage is not a secret. Nice of you all the same.

That's grand

Is just that you can see the creator's name under the document properties.

;)

That's grand

;)
    Don't be telling people that!!! :D

That's grand

;)

via google you can find full name and picture of possible author :rolleyes:
    so maybe doc should be removed... or cleaned

via google you can find full name and picture of possible author :rolleyes:
    so maybe doc should be removed... or cleaned
    That Linked In site is full of cool info isn't it! :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Trying to order all morning on 1850 945 549 and getting an engaged tone.:(

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Trying to order all morning on 1850 945 549 and getting an engaged tone.:(
    I just rang and got through no problem... Try from a landline!

I just rang and got through no problem... Try from a landline!

Have you successfully ordered Steffano?

I got through and managed to get the sales rep to understand, but they still have difficulty with the new 24mbit LLU vs bitstream. The €49 business bitstream package is not on there website yet, and they asked me for a VAT number even though the exchange is bitstream only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Try from a landline!

I was ringing from a landline...eventually got through a few minutes ago though.
    but they still have difficulty with the new 24mbit LLU vs bitstream.
    I think you're right. The guy I spoke to put me on hold to 'run a test on the line'. When he came back he said he didn't think it was available to me as the exchange hasn't been 'activated yet' and asked to confirm my area code. He's ringing me back later.
    I'm on the Ballinasloe exchange which is ADSL2+ and on Crawlers list.

Advertisement