Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Launch 24 mbit BB for €54.63 a month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I got through and managed to get the sales rep to understand, but they still have difficulty with the new 24mbit LLU vs bitstream. The €49 business bitstream package is not on there website yet, and they asked me for a VAT number even though the exchange is bitstream only.
    I think you do need a VAT Number for the 24Mb bitstream package.

I'm open to correction on this though... Crawler? :o

Have you successfully ordered Steffano?
    Don't know... Rang them up again earlier and the Agent just took my details again... Still waiting for call back to confirm order has been placed... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I think you do need a VAT Number for the 24Mb bitstream package.

I'm open to correction on this though... Crawler? :o

No - ONLY for the €24 LLU one, not for ANY other product - I have informed everyone (again - expected learning curve thanks for patience)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

are ye busy in there ?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Don't know... Rang them up again earlier and the Agent just took my details again... Still waiting for call back to confirm order has been placed... :(
    same here actually.

I told the nice girl on the phone I needed a call back today/tomorrow cos I wont be around next week due to work to take a call.

It did take me some time to get thru this morning as well fyi.

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    are ye busy in there ?? :p

Ever so slightly.... :D

Always best get these little details sorted before you go and advertise and before the competition whinges to the ASAI about truth and fairness etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I'm in clonmel and smart can only offer me the 3mb line but eircom can give me the 7mb. I thought smart were only repacking eircom's product?

crawler wrote: »
    No - ONLY for the €24 LLU one, not for ANY other product - I have informed everyone (again - expected learning curve thanks for patience)
    Thanks for clearing that up Crawler! ;)

Now, I rang the Sales Team again as I didn't hear from them this afternoon and got to speak to the same Agent again (he must be sick of me!).

I told him I wouldn't mind the 24Mb pack seen as I didn't need a VAT number for that but he said the Ashbourne Exchange was not upgraded to offer 24Mb. Only 12Mb is available he said... That's confusing to say the least.

So anyway, he took all my details again, told me the line was capable of 20Mb (but that only 12Mb BB was available...) and he said he was going to ring me back later on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Now, I rang the Sales Team again as I didn't hear from them this afternoon and got to speak to the same Agent again (he must be sick of me!).

I told him I wouldn't mind the 24Mb pack seen as I didn't need a VAT number for that but he said the Ashbourne Exchange was not upgraded to offer 24Mb. Only 12Mb is available he said... That's confusing to say the least.

So anyway, he took all my details again, told me the line was capable of 20Mb (but that only 12Mb BB was available...) and he said he was going to ring me back later on...

Lol same here.

Was told the Wexford Anne Street exchange is only capable of upto 10mbit because it only has the old adsl gear in the exchange. Will call eircom tomorrow to see if I can get 24mb from them, ie. verify they actually have new equipment in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What speed are Smart offering on the non ADSL2+ exchanges, is the max upto 12/1mbit for business packages?

Max 7 on ADSL1 exchanges seeing as the 7.6mbits package is so ropey .

12 is an ADSL2 only product .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm on the 7.6mbit, it's not that bad when they reduce interleaving. It was 18-20ms before the upgrades though

AdministratorCWindowsSystem32cmdexe.jpg
    AdministratorCWindowsSystem32cmd-1.jpg

Just rang Smart, the max on my exchange is 7mbit. Also Smart don't do an upto 7.6mbit product, only upto 7mbit with 384 upload which means I'd have to loose some upstream bandwith if I moved.

[...]

Well, as I kind of expected, no call back yesterday evening... :(

A bit pee'd off at this stage now...

Did anybody try ringing SMART this morning (1850 945 549)? I'm getting a busy tone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Well, as I kind of expected, no call back yesterday evening... :(

No callback for me either.:(
    Did anybody try ringing SMART this morning (1850 945 549)? I'm getting a busy tone...

Try from a landline.:p:pac:
    Didn't try this morning yet but that's what I was getting for ages yesterday.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Try from a landline.:p:pac:
    lol :D It worked eventually! ;)
    Didn't try this morning yet but that's what I was getting for ages yesterday.
    I got through to the same Agent again (I think it's a one-man Team!) and I have to complete a form to apply for 12Mb broadband. Waiting for his e-mail...

Well, got the application form by e-mail, completed it and sent it back by fax. I hope my order gets placed today! Sick of being offline at home! :mad: :(

Bah. Spoke to Eircom sales. Max I can get on the line is 12Mb.
    I knew I wouldn't get full whack but was hoping for ~15Mb.

Don't know if it's worth going from 7.6 to 12.:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Bah. Spoke to Eircom sales. Max I can get on the line is 12Mb.
    I knew I wouldn't get full whack but was hoping for ~15Mb.

Don't know if it's worth going from 7.6 to 12.:(

As you would be going from ADSL to ADSL2+, with it's improved stability and lower pings it would probably well worth it.

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    As you would be going from ADSL to ADSL2+, with it's improved stability and lower pings it would probably well worth it.

Aye but pings don't bother me and the connection has always been rock solid.

Aye but pings don't bother me and the connection has always been rock solid.
    Then go away! :P

Smart told me my line could handle 20Mb but they won't sell me the 24Mb broadband so 12Mb it is! ;)

Then go away! :P

Guess which finger I'm holding up.:P
    Smart told me my line could handle 20Mb but they won't sell me the 24Mb broadband so 12Mb it is! ;)
    Easy decision for you. You're going from 0Mb to 12Mb.:pac:

Guess which finger I'm holding up.:P
    The thumb? :P
    Easy decision for you. You're going from 0Mb to 12Mb.:pac:
    True that! But at least you have broadband now! I have to wait another 2 weeks (if I'm lucky) and I've been offline for over a week already... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Crawler, a large number of business types in Ireland are exempt from VAT. This includes us, as an insurance company. We do not have a VAT number. Are we (and the others in the same situation) excluded?

eman66 wrote: »
    Crawler, a large number of business types in Ireland are exempt from VAT. This includes us, as an insurance company. We do not have a VAT number. Are we (and the others in the same situation) excluded?
    You've been ripping us off for years! How does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot?

lol Only messing! :P :D

Finally got my order verified after 30 mins on the phone of which 24 were on hold :(

still tho...24/1Mb on the way...assuming eircom do show up tomorrow for the line

eman66 wrote: »

CRO number also fine....

kaimera wrote: »
    Finally got my order verified after 30 mins on the phone of which 24 were on hold :(

still tho...24/1Mb on the way...assuming eircom do show up tomorrow for the line

Finally got mine ordered today aswell. Eventually got someone that knew what I was talking about.
    The whole process sounded a bit too simple so I'm expecting problems at some stage.:pac::D

• Advertisement

Finally got mine ordered today aswell. Eventually got someone that knew what I was talking about.
    The whole process sounded a bit too simple so I'm expecting problems at some stage.:pac::D
    tell me about it :/

I cant afford anything to go tits up cos I wont be around to take calls or the likely event of having to make the calls to get something sorted!

Advertisement