Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Launch 24 mbit BB for €54.63 a month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Rang this morning and got through to an Agent who confirmed my order was in the system ("AT LAST!!!" I thought) and she said I could expect to have my wireless modem delivered before Friday...

We'll see if it goes smoothly... I certainly hope so! Sick of being offline!!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sadly they are not answering Sales emails in there , what is the wait time on hold ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Sadly they are not answering Sales emails in there , what is the wait time on hold ??

About 8 mins when I rang last on Tuesday. Don't know what it's like now.

I have't heard anything back since then either.
    Very few details taken, except for name/address & UAN, and was told order would be placed with Eircom. No payment details or email address taken so I'm expecting some sort of call back but nothing yet.

Edit: 12 minutes today. Also took payment details. 'Order on the gateway...problems getting account number...sent to development...should be live in a week'. Whatever all that means:o
    Still don't know if I getting the bundle or just BB or will I have to transfer line rental later or no mention of a username/password for when the modem arrives????

We'll see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

If there are problems let me know...

Modem, user ID and password automatically generate. Go out by way of courier & post.

Price includes Broadband and line rental - optional call bundles if requested.

Good few customers up and running already.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

crawler,

I'm not on smart LLU network (Fingal xchange), so only offnet for me.
    the BB+phone bundles only exist for home users with BB up to 7mb.
    can I get the 12mb/1mb business offnet with national peak calls bundle?

Also for the offnet offers the website says conenction fee and wireless modem are free when ordering online (via phone is 29 and 49.95) - but how do I order offnet online??? The pages tell me to ring smart to enquire or order.... advertising with waived once off costs and not providing the facility is a tad misleading.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Crawler,

I'm on an ADSL2+ enabled Eircom exchange (thank God it is just down the road,I'm getting the full 7.6Mbit with low noise),but it isn't Smart LLU.
    How long does the switchover take from Eircom to Smart?
    I mean how long will I be without broadband?

gibbon75 wrote: »
    Crawler,

I'm on an ADSL2+ enabled Eircom exchange (thank God it is just down the road,I'm getting the full 7.6Mbit with low noise),but it isn't Smart LLU.
    Well, my order was placed in the SMART system on Friday last week and apparently is going live tonight (I believe the Sales Agent who told me this as I was after ringing Eircom and they told me I was no longer an Eircom Customer). So basically it takes a week I'd say... But you'll still have Eircom broadband for a few days before the line is transferred to SMART so all in all I'd say you'd have no internet for a few days only.

Well, as I said in the post above, I should have SMART broadband tonight. My problem is, I still don't have the Wireless Modem... I hope I get it tomorrow so I'll have the Interweb for the week-end! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Thanks Steffano!
    Where did you get your UAN?Do you have to ring Eircom to get it?
    Or is that the same as the account number on your Eircom bill?

Crawler,

Eircom say 1 hour max while you're unplugged from the ADSL gear and plugged into the ADSL2+ gear.

• Advertisement

Thanks Steffano!
    Where did you get your UAN?Do you have to ring Eircom to get it?
    Or is that the same as the account number on your Eircom bill?
    I believe the UAN is the Eircom Account Number Gibbon. When I ordered SMART I gave them my landline number and my Eircom Account Number from the bill. That was enough for them! ;)

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Eircom say 1 hour max while you're unplugged from the ADSL gear and plugged into the ADSL2+ gear.
    But he's not just going from ADSL to ADSL2+ with the same ISP (Eircom). He'd be changing ISP's (Eircom to SMART) and that takes a bit longer than an hour.

Question for those of you who recently ordered SMART: Did you receive your modem? How many days after placing your order did you receive it?

I placed my order last Friday and I'm told my line has now been jumpered and ready to go. But no sign of the modem... :(

On hold trying to get through to SMART... 22 minutes and counting! :(

I wonder what their service level is since they started offering these new products! :eek:

Well, I finally got through to the Customer Service Team and they are unable to find any details of my order / account. The Agent tried finding me with my phone number, my mobile number, my name and my address and he could find nothing. I'm sad right now... :(

But he's not just going from ADSL to ADSL2+ with the same ISP (Eircom). He'd be changing ISP's (Eircom to SMART) and that takes a bit longer than an hour.

It's only bitstream not LLU. Outside their LLU exchanges they are the same as all the other ISP's selling bitstream. It would be the same if you moved from Eircom to BT or UTV. It's all Eircom equipment.

Well, I finally got through to the Customer Service Team and they are unable to find any details of my order / account. The Agent tried finding me with my phone number, my mobile number, my name and my address and he could find nothing. I'm sad right now... :(

Ahh balls:( Maybe crawler could help?

It's only bitstream not LLU. Outside their LLU exchanges they are the same as all the other ISP's selling bitstream. It would be the same if you moved from Eircom to BT or UTV. It's all Eircom equipment.
    My bad, I misread. He does say "it is not" LLU (I read "it is")... Apologies! :o

Ahh balls:( Maybe crawler could help?
    I have to wait for the Agent that I was speaking with yesterday evening to come in today (11:00 or 11:30) because he somehow managed to find my details somehwere. So I'm playing the waiting game again. And no sign of the modem either. I don't think it will be out for delivery today so no broadband again this week-end... :(

I don't want to bother Crawler (again). I think I'll go through the proper channels and see where it leads. If I get nowhere I might PM him alright though! ;)

Well, no broadband for me this week-end... Sales Agent did find my order and the line should be Active with SMART now but have to wait until next week to get Username & Password and the Wireless Modem... :(

Oh well, just another few days to wait! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

eman66 wrote: »
    Not all businesses in Ireland have a VAT no. We don't, but are a current Smart business customer.

What is the situation for current customers?
    Hi crawler, what would the situation be for us?

Also, if I enter a Smart number in the line checker, it doesn't qualify, if I put in an Eircom number it does.

Well everything seems to be proceeding. Got a letter this morning confirming the direct debit details. Fingers crossed.

Well everything seems to be proceeding. Got a letter this morning confirming the direct debit details. Fingers crossed.
    I hope that letter is waiting for me at home! Not that I'm looking forward to paying but just to confirm things are happening!

Rang last Friday morning and was told line would work to make phone calls (needed that to activate Sky+). Got home and tried straight away and, surprise surprise, Sky+ box was unable to ring Sky Server to activate... I don't have a phone to check the line myself but I'm pretty sure it didn't work because line wasn't activated yet...

Hopefully I'll get the modem tomorrow because I'm out of the country until next week after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

i leave for a few weeks with eircom due last week to setup the new phone line so my smart order can start being processed only to find that my housemate missed the engi by a few moments and now a 2 week wait before he's back.

**** sake. muppets the lot of them.

kaimera wrote: »
    i leave for a few weeks with eircom due last week to setup the new phone line so my smart order can start being processed only to find that my housemate missed the engi by a few moments and now a 2 week wait before he's back.

**** sake. muppets the lot of them.

Ah now. Hardly fair calling them muppets when they turned up to do the job and there was no one there...or do you means your housemates?

I received my Smart Wireless Modem this morning! :D

However, the letter that came with it did not have a Username & Password so I'm waiting for a callback this afternoon...

I'm gutted that my broadband will become active on the day I leave the country for a week! Typical! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hey guys, average how long does it take to get up and running when switching from eircom to smart?
    Is it weeks, a week, days or hours?!

Also, I'm on an adsl2+ exchange , according to the list on page 1, so can I get up to 24mb or 12mb?
    My eircom speed is 5mb which is all I could get on their up to 7.6 package, attenuation is 42db SNR is between 9-11db

Thanks.

PS not moaning about having 5mb bb but contention ratio is the killer for my line in the evenings - I believe smarts will be 12:1, plus I'd like to go back to Smart after having them a few years ago

I received my Smart Wireless Modem this morning! :D

However, the letter that came with it did not have a Username & Password so I'm waiting for a callback this afternoon...

I'm gutted that my broadband will become active on the day I leave the country for a week! Typical! :rolleyes:

Mine arrived aswell with a blank username/password.
    I had to ring because my name was spelled incorrectly on the DD and this letter.
    I asked about the blank login details. He went away to ask . He said that I would be receiving another letter when the order was complete with the log in details.

Mine arrived aswell with a blank username/password.
    Same here.
    I had to ring because my name was spelled incorrectly on the DD and this letter.
    And same here! Name spelt correctly everywhere except the DD form!
    I asked about the blank login details. He went away to ask . He said that I would be receiving another letter when the order was complete with the log in details.
    Kind of same here. The Agent told me he'd ring me back with my login details when he had them (this afternoon)... We'll see!

It's mad though! We're going through EXACTLY the same process! Even down to the spelling mistakes in our name for the DD! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Use the Smart forums and ask EJay or one of the other mods to get you this info, just include your number in your profile (only mods can see this), fastest way around this.

MC

Advertisement