Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Album Cover

• 27-04-2009 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just thought id share this with you all, i had the honor of working with Aslan on creating there new album Cover & back cover, and theres also a collage of images i took of the guys live inside the album so im very happy with it all:) Keep an eye out for it in the shops May 22nd :)

http://www.aslan.ie/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=152&Itemid=33

Album cover:
    dvfszn.jpg

Single Cover:
    t5io2t.jpg

ps the grain/noise is because this is a low res copy i blew up to post here:) record label have the high res

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

excellent! Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Nice. I've done a lot of stuff with them myself, though not for a while. Great to shoot live. And Mark is really sound to deal with too. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

Well done. The cover looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

ps the grain/noise is because this is a low res copy i blew up to post here:) record label have the high res

I actually like the grain in those images.

Great photos, and well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Your so clever PF. Great achievement....Well done smiley.gif

Linda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nk12

lovely shots!!! congrats!!
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

great shots indeed, but what's with the " ' " in uncase'd ? It's grammatically incorrect unless it's replacing something.

OT: I hate the ever increasing use of apostrophes that is pervading written English these days. It makes me squirm when I see signs using these incorrectly e.g. CDs and DVD's Sold Here! Why use an apostrophe on one and not the other ? It's almost like people are just putting them in on the off-chance. And why do signwriters not proofread submissions before printing them up ?
    Damn , I wish I wasn't such a pedant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Thats amazing well done, BTW PF did i meet you in Citywest at the Poker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well done they look great, hope you don't get in trouble for posting them :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

congrats, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

congrats!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

hey! well done you! way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

as above, really well done - love the single cover -
    Aslan were the first band I ever photographed live, 2 years ago in the Noggin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/1023121042/in/set-72157606013499612/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Looks great, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Thats amazing well done, BTW PF did i meet you in Citywest at the Poker?

Indeed you did, i believe you told me not to rob your gear :p

Thanks everyone :D

@Tallon - i shouldnt get in trouble i waited until they released it on there website first:)

@Cambo - Agree but no idea why it was put there, but the band wants what the band wants :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

@Cambo - Agree but no idea why it was put there, but the band wants what the band wants :D

Sigh!!! I guess while they should've been in school they were off doing drugs or something :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Congrats PF... cracking covers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Paulw wrote: »
    I actually like the grain in those images.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice one, I agree with Paul about the grain. It adds to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Good stuff!
    Is it a new album, or a best of/unplugged dealie do you know?
    The name hints at that - might be just me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Great band - great photog - perfect fit :D

Thanks everyone:o:D:D

Its a covers album, but some great tracks on it theres some previews on there myspace page as far as i know:) i checked the full res image and there actually is a bit of grain there i just never noticed it :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I see your shot is now all over the web in banner advertising for the album. Congrats.

Great photos!

I've just realised I've been calling them Aslam for years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Also spotted on the late late show last night.

good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

They're excellent photographs, very well done.

Thanks all, yep its in shops now so keep an eye out:):) :pac::pac: it was quite weird seeing it beside Pat Kennys big head :)

If anyone else sees it in any weird places let me know or take a pic :)

3556488799_8459cefe32.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

Amazing!!! Many congrats!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I love the idea of the album cover. The idea of the guitar been ripped out of a paper package... but it also looks to me like it is under a shirt, like in a person's body and the shirt is been ripped to expose it. The strings are the heart of the body. Now i know there is a word in English to describe that but i just can't think... and i don't think it's a similie.

Anways well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I love the idea of the album cover. The idea of the guitar been ripped out of a paper package... but it also looks to me like it is under a shirt, like in a person's body and the shirt is been ripped to expose it. The strings are the heart of the body. Now i know there is a word in English to describe that but i just can't think... and i don't think it's a similie.

Anyways well done :)

Advertisement