Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Apartment to let for a few days

Options
  • 27-04-2009 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to find (and where) an apartment to let just for a few days? The idea behind this is not just having a place to sleep but also a kitchen, so that most of the meals can be made at home, thus saving some money.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hostels have single rooms and (usually communal) kitchens.

Probably much easier to find at this time of year, definitely cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

You could try Corrib Village, its a area with self catering apts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look here also. http://www.granary-suites.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Studio apartments on college road behind Copper beach house b&b.. I think 200EUR per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's not specific to Galway but you could try Couch Surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 twinkle_toes

the gleann na ri student accommodation in renmore is let as holiday apts in the summer. i dont think they'd have a problem this time of year. much nicer than a lot of places!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Salt Lake Apartments on Lough Atalia Rd also do weekend and short-term lets.
    Some relatives also rented Glean na Ri apts a couple of yrs ago and were delighted with it, but it's not walking distance from town.

There was a thread here a good while ago (last summer?) asking about short stay apartments in what used to be Ryans on the Dublin road I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farinha

First of all, thanks for the many, and quick replies.

Nevertheless, it's proving to be quite difficult to find something acceptable. Since it's for my parents, I don't want it to be some dump (for that, they could stay at my place... :P), and shared apartments is also not an option.

Until now I haven't found any short-term self-catering (I think this is the term used to describe apartments with their own kitchen) apartments or studios (@HarryD, do you have any more info on those you mention?). And the ones I found are either too expensive (eliminating the savings of cooking at home instead of eating out, like the mentioned Granary Suites) or not available at this time of year (like Corrib Village and Donegan Court, apparently).

I just realised I didn't mention I need it for this weekend - from the 1st to the 5th of May.

Being close to the city center is really a must, because I don't have a car. That's eliminates a few more.

So, this is getting harder than I thought. I'll probably have to settle for a B&B. And now I ask for your help again in finding a decent one.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Just gonna push the hostel bit again :P

Kinlay House is an absolutely gorgeous hostel. You could even drop in and see the place if you weren't sure, I stayed there and I was super impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com has some BnBs, and is slowly getting a few reviews of 'em. Recent reviews from actual guests are probably worth more than opinons here, THB.

If budget matters, I'd second the hostel option: if your parents book an ensuite double room, it's just like a BnB (though simpler breakfast), with a kitchen and lounge available too. That said, if it's this weekend, the hostels do tend to fill up, ring rather than relying on the booking engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farinha

Once again thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up making a reservation at Ace B&B, which seemed nice and not very expensive.

Will let you guys know how it was, for future reference.

Advertisement