Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Strike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

tv3 wrote: »
    Those bus drivers should BE ALL sticking together to get what they want for them and the likes of "us people",instaed of some of the greddy drivers going back to work !

Ah yeah, let them fook up 1000's of peoples days just because they dont want to take a different turn on a route :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jdivision wrote: »
    Lads, for those in Finglas the 19/19a were and are running normally. It's a short walk from the village to the stops.

Where's the nearest stop to the village,coming from the wesht?Its just i dont know those buses very well.

Degsy wrote: »
    Where's the nearest stop to the village,coming from the wesht?Its just i dont know those buses very well.

On what route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Ah yeah, let them fook up 1000's of peoples days just because they dont want to take a different turn on a route :rolleyes:
    You obviously dont no what the strike is about !
    Please research before making comments !:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i don't mind... walkings good for you folks...

• Advertisement

S.I.R wrote: »
    i don't mind... walkings good for you folks...
    :D

You obviously dont no what the strike is about !
    Please research before making comments !:rolleyes:

TBH I dont care about the finer points of the argument between the union and CIE.

But what I believe happened is one driver went to take a bus, but was told his route had changed, which was outside of the agreement between CIE/Dublin Bus and their union, refused to do it, so was suspended. The other drivers from Harristown hearing this, decided to strike in anger at the drivers suspension.

They're fooking up everyone's day - people trying to get to work etc.

What about those people who might not get paid if they cant make it in, can't afford taxi's etc?

Selfish to constantly strike everytime someone gets suspended for not doing his damn job.

The public will turn against the drivers, not Dublin Bus. I pay bloody good money for an annual ticket that I couldn't avail of today because they boomin striked again.

TBH I dont care about the finer points of the argument between the union and CIE.

But what I believe happened is one driver went to take a bus, but was told his route had changed, which was outside of the agreement between CIE/Dublin Bus and their union, refused to do it, so was suspended. The other drivers from Harristown hearing this, decided to strike in anger at the drivers suspension.

They're fooking up everyone's day - people trying to get to work etc.

What about those people who might not get paid if they cant make it in, can't afford taxi's etc?

Selfish to constantly strike everytime someone gets suspended for not doing his damn job.

The public will turn against the drivers, not Dublin Bus. I pay bloody good money for an annual ticket that I couldn't avail of today because they boomin striked again.
    Rubbish !
    You make it sound so simple.Remember dublin bus are to blame.There the ones taking routes away and letting drivers go and changing other routes so the drivers are doing this for the wellbeing of the public in the long term.
    I bet you are the type of person as if you job went on strike you would keep working:pac:

Rubbish !
    You make it sound so simple.Remember dublin bus are to blame.There the ones taking routes away and letting drivers go and changing other routes so the drivers are doing this for the wellbeing of the public in the long term.
    I bet you are the type of person as if you job went on strike you would keep working:pac:

No, I'm the type of person that expects to receive the service I paid for, and expects to not have my day fooked (nor should anyone else for that matter) because someone else is throwing the toys out of the pram.

I dont really care who's to blame - Dublin Bus and the Union are as bad as each other.

If I have problems in work, it sure as hell doesn't effect anyone elses life.

No, I'm the type of person that expects to receive the service I paid for, and expects to not have my day fooked because someone else is throwing the toys out of the pram.

I dont really care who's to blame - Dublin Bus and the Union are as bad as each other.

If I have problems in work, it sure as hell doesn't effect anyone elses life.
    ++Check out the news later and maybe you will change your mind cause you seem to be one sided.
    Basiclly ya got to fight for what you want.Dublin bus is to greedy so FAIR PLAY to the drivers.And il also be affected by the strike but i totally AGREE with the drivers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

And the Dublin Bus site has been DoSS'd due to everyone trying to checking it.....

++Check out the news later and maybe you will change your mind cause you seem to be one sided.
    Basiclly ya got to fight for what you want.Dublin bus is to greedy so FAIR PLAY to the drivers.And il also be affected by the strike but i totally AGREE with the drivers !

They could have had their dirty protest without putting everyone who relies on those routes out though.

They want the backing of the public, yet piss everyone off each time they strike because people cant get to work/hospital/hooker whatever.

Surely, providing the service, but not taking any fares would have had the same effect as far as Dublin Bus is concerned?

Seriously, everytime there's a problem, they bloody well strike.

Its becoming quite an irritation.

Lets not forget - this is an unofficial strike. The guy refused to work his new AGREED roster. The unions and management accepted LC recommendations - yet this plank still decides to mess up everyones Sunday / Monday. I hope he gets the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Does anyone know if the Harristown strike is still going on?

Have plans to head out that way after work but i think i'll be quicker walking than trying to squeeze into a 19 or a 19a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Check out the thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246

updates appearing there.

It's still ongoing in Harristown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Surely, providing the service, but not taking any fares would have had the same effect as far as Dublin Bus is concerned?

They used to do this but the management decided it was against the law. Don't know the full details but I think they threatened to sue any driver for theft if they took part in a no-fares protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Rubbish !

Will you tell us what is going on then? Please tell me it's not as simple as a guy refusing to work because the route was changed. With everyone else loosing their jobs, having to take pay cuts and shoulder more responsibility in their jobs he won't get much sympathy if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

seriously who cars about taxis

Fare paying passenger's care.

I rarely get this idea that its ok to piss off taxi's, IMO its a selfish thing to do because it never takes into account that the taxi driver is rarely in a hurry, but meanwhile his/her meter is on speed dial for his/her passenger's.
    Des wrote: »
    I've been commuting that route for well over a year at this stage, both by bus and by car as a passanger. I've never once seen a member of AGS at that junction, not once.

Thats a junction I regularly use too, the GS are a regular enough sight there catching driver's coming from the Tolka V road and using the bus lane for an early filter left onto the Old Finglas Road.

Tbh, its a terrible junction if your wishing to continue a journey onto the Old Finglas Rd.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

can anyone tell me where the nineteen stops ?

i am 20 mins from the village - is it much further?

17 83 Jamestown Rd.
    18 82 Tolka Estate
    19 81 Glasnevin (Ballymun Rd.)
    20 80 Botanic Ave.
    21 79 Hart's Corner
    22 78 Phibsboro Shopping Centre
    23 77 Broadstone
    24 76 Blessington St.
    25 75 O'Connell St.
    26 74 South Great Georges St.
    27 73 Aungier St. (Bishop St.)
    28 72 Kelly's Corner (Camden St.)
    29 71 South Circular Rd. (Leonard's Corner)
    30 70 South Circular Rd. (Donore Ave.)
    31 69 Dolphin's Barn
    32 68 Bulfin Rd.

19A

Fare Stages
    17 83 Jamestown Rd.
    18 82 Ballymun Rd. (Church)
    19 81 The Rise (Ballymun Rd.)
    20 80 Botanic Ave.
    21 79 Hart's Corner
    22 78 Phibsboro Shopping Centre
    23 77 Broadstone
    24 76 Blessington St.
    25 75 O'Connell St.
    26 74 South Great Georges St.
    27 73 Aungier St. (Bishop St.)
    28 72 Kelly's Corner (Camden St.)
    29 71 Leonard's Corner
    30 70 Harold's Cross Green West
    31 69 Lwr. Kimmage Rd. (Sundrive Rd.)
    32 68 Lwr. Kimmage Rd. (Ravensdale Park)
    33 67 Kimmage Cross Rd.
    34 66 Kimmage Rd. West (Whitehall Rd.)
    35 65 Cromwellsfort Rd. (St. Agne's Rd.)
    36 64 Cromwellsfort Rd. (St. Peter's Rd.)
    37 63 St. James Rd. (St. Joseph's Rd.)
    38 62 Limekiln Ave.

Here's a map with Jamestown Rd marked on it

james.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

There is a seperate cycle lane and guess what there at no bloody buses and seriously who cars about taxis

and also, it was announced on the radio this morning that all in-bound bus lanes were being opened to the general public this morning :rolleyes:

220, Bus Eireann buses from Ashbounre, Kilmoon Cross etc??
    Seen the cops as i passed on the bus though and did think it was a bit of a poxy thing to do

• Advertisement

hey des, any of those stops near me ?

oh just seen jamestown road, thats kinda miles away

Don't think so, no.

i suppose its not too bad probably about a 30 min walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The 19 stops on Ballygal Road across from Canice's School if you don't want to walk all the way to the top of Jamestown Road to get the bus...

The 19 stops on Ballygal Road across from Canice's School if you don't want to walk all the way to the top of Jamestown Road to get the bus...

thank adrienne

i dont actually know where that is:o:o:o

i will have a look on the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you pass the Credit Union in Finglas Village and cross at the next set of pedestrian lights there's a bus stop, it's that bus stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0428/dublinbus.html

Dublin Bus dispute enters third day
    Tuesday, 28 April 2009 08:59

The unofficial strike at Dublin Bus has spread to four more garages.

The Conyngham Road, Broadstone, Phibsboro and Summerhill depots are now also affected.

Only Ringsend and Donnybrook garages are providing a full service.
    Advertisement

Dublin Bus has said drivers are being intimidated by the strikers and that windows of buses have been broken at Phibsboro depot.

Passengers have been advised to contact the company, or check its website for updates, as disruption to services looks set to continue for a third day.

Talks aimed at resolving the unofficial industrial action at the company failed yesterday afternoon.

Bus lanes on the northside of the city are open to general traffic to ease congestion.

The dispute began on Sunday after a driver at the Harristown depot was suspended when he refused to work a new schedule.

Dublin Bus said yesterday's the action disrupted up to 150,000 passengers.

The main areas affected by the disruption are Ballymun, Finglas, Coolock, Malahide, Howth, Portmarnock, Donaghmede, Dollymount and Fairview.

The following routes have no service:

4/4a Harristown to Blackrock/Stradbrook

13/13a Merrion Square to Harristown

17a Finglas to Kilbarrack

27 Talbot Street to Clare Hall

27b Eden Quay to Harristown via Beaumont Hospital

27x Clare Hall to UCD Belfield

29a Eden Quay to Newgrove Cross

31 Eden Quay to Howth Summit

31b Eden Quay to Howth Summit

32a Eden Quay to Malahide

32/b Eden Quay to Portmarnock

32x Malahide to UCD Belfield

33b Portrane/Donabate to Swords

40/a/b/c/d Finglas to City Centre

42 Lower Abbey Street to Sands Hotel (Portmarnock) / Coast Road (Malahide)

42a/b Lower Abbey Street to Blunden Drive / Beaumont Hospital (42a)

43 Lower Abbey Street to Swords Business Park

53 Eden Quay to East Wall Road

53a Eden Quay to North Wall (Alexandra Road)

83 Harristown to Kimmage

102 Sutton Station to Airport via Swords

103 Clontarf Dart Station to OMNI Shopping Centre

104 Clontarf Dart Station to Cappagh Hospital

128 Clongriffin to Rathmines (Palmerston Park)

130 Lower Abbey Street to Castle Avenue

140 Finglas to Leeson Street

142 Portmarnock to Rathmines (Palmerston Park)

237 Blanchardstown to Castleknock

238 Blanchardstown to Tyrellstown

239 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre

270 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Dunboyne

The following routes have a curtailed peak service:

37 Hawkins Street to Carpenterstown

37x Carpenterstown to UCD Belfield

38/a Hawkins Street to Damastown

38b/c Hawkins Street to Tyrrelstown

39 Hawkins Street to Ongar

39x Ongar to UCD Belfield

41 Lower Abbey Street to Swords Manor

41x Swords to UCD Belfield

70/a Hawkins Street to Dunboyne

The following routes are operating a 75% service:

16, 20, 33, 51, 61, 76, 79, 123, 124, 747, 748

The following routes are operating a 50% service:

41, 78, 90, 151

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

The Conyngham Road, Broadstone, Phibsboro and Summerhill depots are now also affected. Only Ringsend and Donnybrook garages are providing a full service.

If Phibsboro is affected, how come the 19/19A aren't in that list? This is getting very confusing.

markpb wrote: »
    If Phibsboro is affected, how come the 19/19A aren't in that list? This is getting very confusing.

Only some services, I saw a 19/a on the road this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Aye, and a work collegue reported that yesterday's lone 4A is on the route again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement