Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Strike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

A friend of mine got a 128 this morning. Only as far as IFSC though, he turfed them out there. Maybe he sneaked it out the back door of the garage? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just waited for ages at the 19 bus stop only to be told they're not running either.
    Is there any free parking in the city centre anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

tv3 wrote: »
    ++Check out the news later and maybe you will change your mind cause you seem to be one sided.

They are not making a good case for themselves to be honest with you. Not a lot of sympathy out there. What did you think would be in the news that would change all our minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think Dublin Bus's website is going on strike too - I can't access the disruptions page, it asks me to sign in to their "EPISERVER CMS5" server...

Cheers. I'm staying in bed.

Edit; finally got through, 20 mins later. Looks like I am staying in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Finally managed to get on a 19A this morning, but had to go from McKee Avenue to Ballymun road, thinking I'd be smart because the 11's go there too.

In just over an hour, I didn't see a single 11 cc bound (apart form 1 empty one going the wrong way).

This is a joke.

If I could get my hands around the neck of that plank who decided not to work on Sunday, I swear I'd shove a Euro down his throat and make him give me a jockey-back to town. Prick.

So now they're all pretty much affected? Great. I suppose Dublin Bus will be refunding everyone's taxi fares / loss of earnings etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I sincerely hope they are sacked, deserve nothing more. Who the fúck do they think they are exactly?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have to agree with Jay D on this

absolute bastards the lot of them

I was thinking can we organise a picket and picket them to be fired ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, I'd feel sorry for the drivers that are either out on the roads, for all the hassle they must be getting, and those that are afraid to pass the picket line - Having windscreens on busses smashed is no way to proceed. Those involved in activites like that should be fired and done for damaging the windows, just like any other scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Where are the people that were defending them here yesterday? I wonder have they changed their minds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lightening wrote: »
    Where are the people that were defending them here yesterday? I wonder have they changed their minds?

I see you found the thread in Commuting&Transport :)

• Advertisement

funny I was thinking the exact same thing. After listening to the GRS this morning and hearing what those who actually wanted to work went through instarting their day from utter scum colleagues. Who the hell wants people with that mentality trusted with their safety?

I have not been affected by it mind you.

We could all write and voice our opinion and meaure the actual worth of Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I like it - I put an email about them through to the metro this morning. Probably wont print it, but by god, its a disgrace!!

Africa wrote: »
    I like it - I put an email about them through to the metro this morning. Probably wont print it, but by god, its a disgrace!!

What would thw management do in Africa? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

thw management?

Probably not much...

maybe toi toi down the main street...

Africa wrote: »
    thw management?

Probably not much...

maybe toi toi down the main street...

Or take the profits, buy a big house, not pay their employees, and send them to live in Ireland.

:P

(Yes I understand my post is SO not PC, but please take it in jest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

I think the language is abit strong here dont ya think??

nope, not in the slightest- if anything it is not strong enough.

If you have a problem with a post, use the report post function by pressing this button report.gif which you will find under every person's username.

Leave the modding to the mods, thank you very much.

pfb, tone it down please.

Ok cheers .

I totally agree with the drivers just a pity that some off them crossed the picket.No matter what a picket should not be crossed.
    Hope the drivers get what they want is what i say !

Des wrote: »

pfb, tone it down please.

yes, dear, so you are walking home tonight then ?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ok cheers .

I totally agree with the drivers just a pity that some off them crossed the picket.No matter what a picket should not be crossed.

Have you any affiliation with Dublin Bus TV3? You aren't a driver by any chance are you?

I disagreed with their planned strikes but these wild card ones are an absolute disgrace. Lets shut down the City's transport system because one of our colleagues was rightly suspended for refusing to do his job.

No sympathy whatsoever.

noodler wrote: »
    Have you any affiliation with Dublin Bus TV3? You aren't a driver by any chance are you?

I disagreed with their planned strikes but these wild card ones are an absolute disgrace. Lets shut down the City's transport system because one of our colleagues was rightly suspended for refusing to do his job.

No sympathy whatsoever.
    No i am not a driver or anything to do with them but i dont think it is that simple.Remember dublin bus are cutting services,removing routes and letting people go...do you agree with that???
    Do you agree with the taximen shutting down the city every month because they want MORE???

Ok cheers .

No one has any right to be bullied and intimated when they are trying to do their job, in the normal run of things this would be an instant sackable offence but because they are placards, they makes bullying okay?

are you saying that you agee with bullying?

bullies are the lowest form of humanity

I really think you should f off talking shoyyyte! Let's play online ping pong or something with you and yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No i am not a driver or anything to do with them but i dont think it is that simple.Remember dublin bus are cutting services,removing routes and letting people go...do you agree with that???

The wild card strike appears to have been just that simple though.

On the wider issues, I don't like to see services cut but they are generally less-used ones. Letting people go is a sad reality during a recession as well.

We don't get to strike just because people are being let go-if these cuts are necessary financially then they are necessary.

dublin bus are cutting services,removing routes and letting people go...do you agree with that???

Yes, every single other business in the country is doing the same thing.

It's called a recession.

Dublin Bus need to do this to survive, the drivers want protection, why should they get it.

I've suffered one redundancy myself.

Ok cheers .

Oh and for the record anyone who is incredibley stupid, which I would say at least one person is :D

Picket lines are illegal, just so you know the extent of rubbish being spoke by some (one) :)

.Remember dublin bus are cutting services,removing routes and letting people go...do you agree with that???
    Do you agree with the taximen shutting down the city every month because they want MORE???

You mean like most other company's in the current climate? Did DB drivers think they wouldn't be affected by the recession?

And you cannot compare taximen to bus drivers. Bus drivers at least know how much they're going to earn in a week, and I'm sure its more than 40 a day like most taxi's seem to be earning these days - but thats another discussion.

Jay D, any more of that kind of posts and you'll be banned,

This goes for everyone.

Keep it to a civil level, thanks

Des

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Yes, every single other business in the country is doing the same thing.

It's called a recession.

Dublin Bus need to do this to survive, the drivers want protection, why should they get it.

I've suffered one redundancy myself.
    Well just because you had a redundancy doesnt mean anything to those drivers..

Just so you know dublin bus have millions in profits as numbers are always steady etc.

The drivers have every right to protect there jobs and i completly agree with them 100% !:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement