Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Strike

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tv3 wrote: »
    The drivers have every right to protect there jobs and i completly agree with them 100% !:D

This was obvious and no amount of reasoning was going to change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

The amount of money they make. Everyone is getting redundant. I was made redundant from 2 jobs due to costs in the last year and a half but i have always gotten back on my feet, as should everyone.

The whinging is disgraceful and messing up Dublin worse by not having the buses.

They should have put a dent into DB by driving and not taking the fair - its only as illegal as the picket lines themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Des wrote: »
    Jay D, any more of that kind of posts and you'll be banned,

This goes for everyone.

Keep it to a civil level, thanks

Des

You do realise picket lines are illegal right? Also boards.ie hates illegal things :eek: :pac:

But point taken on first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

Just so you know dublin bus have millions in profits as numbers are always steady etc.

No. They do not make profits. It costs many many millions every year to fund Dublin Bus' losses. The taxpayer pays for the inefficient mess that is Dublin Bus.

Admittedly that's not entirely the drivers' fault though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dublin Bus is pleased to advise customers that services have resumed from Harristown depot.

While drivers have returned to work, a reduced service will be operating this evening on the services listed below and a full service is expected to resume tomorrow morning. All other Dublin Bus services are operating normally. Further updates will be made available on this site as services resume.

Dublin Bus wishes to apologise to customers for disruption to services during this unofficial action.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Service-Disruption1/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Just so you know dublin bus have millions in profits as numbers are always steady etc.

You should just give up now as it's plainly obvious to everyone you don't know what you're talking about.

ha ha my article was printed in the metro :) But i was also glad to see that others agreed with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Fair play Africa!! Can you paste it here? I didn't get the Metro.

TV3, I'm sorry, but you haven't a notion what is going on, do you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

LOL surprise surprise my bus didnt turn up this morning :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks like some of the Harristown drivers are still out, the 40c never came this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Jip wrote: »
    You should just give up now as it's plainly obvious to everyone you don't know what you're talking about.
    Lets be honest here most people seem to know whats going on "except you":rolleyes: so unless you have a valid responce or very good reason to post dont !
    lightening wrote: »
    Fair play Africa!! Can you paste it here? I didn't get the Metro.

TV3, I'm sorry, but you haven't a notion what is going on, do you?
    No i havent a clue but no point asking you as you seem to no nothing just like me.:D

Anyway fair play to the drivers in whatever they do,when they do it and were they do it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

No i havent a clue
    Anyway fair play to the drivers in whatever they do

Why lend your support when you haven't a clue what is going on? Cheers Africa, I will read that later... working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The strikes were illegal, and we have illegal matter's covered in this forum's charter - if you support an illegal activity, or encourage it do it elsewhere because its not welcomed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

The strikes were illegal, and we have illegal matter's covered in this forum's charter - if you support an illegal activity, or encourage it do it elsewhere because its not welcomed here.

This is far from being the only thing being discussed here that is illegal...people claiming welfare while working for example is also on this site "boards" and has being for a number of months !:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is far from being the only thing being discussed here that is illegal...people claiming welfare while working for example is also on this site "boards" and has being for a number of months !:eek:

Well if its concerning you report it to a Mod of the relivant forum - other than that I could careless, stop banging on here about this weeks illegal bus driver's protests.

Bus strike, like this thread - is over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement