Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Land Rove parts and bits

• 27-04-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I've started to strip my short wheeled petrol Land Rover.
    Panels wise, looking good, but I'm hunting for ANY Land Rover parts for the series 2 or 3 models.
    An old wheel in the farm yard to a complete basket case.
    Anything that needs shifting and of course is a near to free as possible.
    My idea is to try and get this truck back on the road for as little as possible.
    I've watched videos like Mark Evans 4X4 build and on you tube "88 in a day"
    I want to try something like this and get this built for as little as possible to show that when they say 70% of land rovers built are still on the road.

My project is a 1960 petrol pickup.
    Good points, it drove into my garden, has mostly straight panels and the bulkhead SEEMS in good condition.

Bad points: As always everything else and the chassis.

Any help, advise and slagging is much appreicated.

Robbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I know that landrover. I spoke with its previous owner before he sold it, and it sounded like he'd owned it for many years and maintained it reasonably well. That said, you'll have your work cut out for you if this is your first. Before you do anything else, I'd suggest you have a think about joining CLRI. The lads all know their stuff and look after their own, sorting each other out with parts, advice, lending a hand and generally mucking in to get things sorted. www.clri.net - Don't rely on their membership application system at the moment, as it's under review. Just stick something up to introduce yourself and then get over to a club meeting (Quinlans in Clondalkin, second wednesday in May this time 'round) to say hello and meet a few heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    I know that landrover. I spoke with its previous owner before he sold it, and it sounded like he'd owned it for many years and maintained it reasonably well. That said, you'll have your work cut out for you if this is your first. Before you do anything else, I'd suggest you have a think about joining CLRI. The lads all know their stuff and look after their own, sorting each other out with parts, advice, lending a hand and generally mucking in to get things sorted. www.clri.net - Don't rely on their membership application system at the moment, as it's under review. Just stick something up to introduce yourself and then get over to a club meeting (Quinlans in Clondalkin, second wednesday in May this time 'round) to say hello and meet a few heads.
    Thats good advice I have a 10 year old 110 and spend a lot of my time fixing or modifing it and parts are hard to get with out going to the main steelers. Good luck to you man I hope you get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

O.A.P wrote: »
    Thats good advice I have a 10 year old 110 and spend a lot of my time fixing or modifing it and parts are hard to get with out going to the main steelers. Good luck to you man I hope you get there.
    Assuming you're in Ireland, there's a vast aftermarket of genuine/spurious parts for pretty much every Land-Rover variant ever built both here at home and just across the Irish Sea.

Check out:
    http://www.crozier4x4.com
    http://www.paddockspares.com/
    http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/
    ...or just stick "land rover parts" into Google for loads of options.

I've often found that genuine parts from a main dealer aren't all that expensive either, so don't discount them entirely out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Yes I live in Ireland and every part under the sun can be got across the water I know that, but its often been the case that the postage cost more than the part. Last saturday I replaced the injector harness it was 35 sterling on ebay plus postage, my nearest landrover dealer had one in stock and as I needed it in a hurry I paid him 75 euro for the same part. Thanks for the link to crozier4x4 though Id never heard of them before Ill have a look and see what they have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Gil_Dub wrote: »

Hi gil,

I know the lads from CLRI, have a little"history" with the club, last time I tried to re-join, I was not allowed. Unless things have changed.
    Don't want to wake that sleep lion.

Thanks, I've found a few "spares" vehicles and have been in touch with the owners, just down to doing some deals.

But as always, I'm still looking.

Thanks for the replies,

robbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

robbie mate check this link out

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/896120

JB

Advertisement