Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one get on one of these exam buses?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Where do the rds exam buses go from in belfield and how often or is the 'exam bus' just a myth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

The car park stop over near Glenomena where the 'x' buses run from.

Don't think they were held at Christmas though so not sure if they're on again this year. Open for correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

They were actually run at Christmas,the SU organised it.Demand was pretty high though.Fingers crossed they run again, they proved very useful for stressed first years like yours truly.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Ah my bad. Thought I remember an email saying they weren't being run.

And if the exam is in the RDS it's not that bad, only a 15 minute walk. Least you're not a stressed final year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I think they weren't being run by the college officially due to cutbacks,that's probably why you got that e-mail,but the SU filled the gap.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's a bit more than 15 minutes from UCD to RDS Simmonscourt - more like 30 minutes, a nice walk that should be no problem for most people. For something this crucial, I say it's better to rely on yourself, than try to rely on services you have no control over.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement