If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phillips 32pfl5604

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

was in harvey norman and this tv was on offer for 594 after their 15 PER CENT discount at the weekend

guy said it had Mp4 full HD and was the lastest phillips model

guy said it was future proof basically for next 5 years

any body know anything about this tv and was that a good price/

does it have freeview/

thanks for any advice

and can i get same deal or better here, i rather buy from richer or phillips shop if same price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey Section4,

The 32PFL5604 is one of the brand new Philips range coming into us (hopefully) next week. We will be doing this set at 599.99 at the full retail price instore.

We will beat the Harvey Norman price and give you a full run through here if you fancy calling in or you can PM me.

Now a quick spec look...The TV is Full HD 1080p, contrast ratio is 50000:1, 3HDMI inputs, 2 Scarts and a handy VGA input for your PC if it doesn’t have HDMI connections. USB input for software updates and cringing at any photos you might want to splash across the screen.

There is a new menu interface that is very slick looking and sooooo easy to use.

There's an MPEG 4 tuner built into the TV so you can receive the digital channels available from RTE at the moment.

It's a great TV and a cracking price for the full HD res and it is future proof as in anything that is available now or coming in the near future this TV can handle but.....I'd be a bit dubious about anything from today being deemed future proof for 5 years!!! That’s a stretch considering the possible technology that could be available then could very well make anything we have now look obsolete.

PHEW!!

Ok thats my ramble - Nicola Somers, Senior Sales Consultant, Philips Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

hi nicola
    thaks for info, i will call in to shop when you get the tv in

thanks
    section4

Nicola acting as Ash:

Cool! Will let you know when we see them. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi

Are you offering the Boardsies loyalty 10% discount on this model?
    Thanks.

Also, can you clarify things in relation to collection from the Philips store - can this be done for anything from Richer Sounds Belfast or just Philips products? Thanks.

Hi Podgeandrodge

We certainly are!
    Makes it more attractive now doesn't it:)

Richer Sounds in Belfast is our sister store (thats why we Piggy back on their page), but the Boards 10% loyalty discount is exclusive to Boardies shopping in The Philips Shop - we're nice that way.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks Ash.

And in relation to collecting non-Philips products purchased from Richer Sounds - can this be done?

Thanks

Yep pretty much.

Dont forget that they can dispatch them directly to you address as well.
    Dave Mck in Richer Sounds is the man to talk to about that, his Boards name is [EMAIL="Dave@Richer"]Dave@Richer[/EMAIL]

atb
    ash

Thanks! Last question - I presume the delivery charge applies if the product is collected from the Philips store? I understand that I could get a product delivered to my address but I work very close to yourselves so it would be easier - I'm thinking of the 32plf5604H and the Samsung LE22B450. Will get in touch when proceeding.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

This is the clarification I've received back from Richer Sounds:
    They are happy to dispatch to ourselves for you to collect but the delivery charge still applies and a form of personal ID most likely will be required upon collection.
    They have mentioned some items are "instore only" and can't be mail ordered. They will be able to let you know what can and can't be shipped.

hope that helps

Ash

Hi Guys

I had a chat with our rep and the Philips HQ sale team and have been I've been informed that I'll be seeing this mid to end of next week now and not tomorrow....

As some of you are waiting patiently for this set, I can only offer my appologies for another delay.

As soon as I have 'em you'll be the first to know

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I had a chat with our rep and the Philips HQ sale team and have been I've been informed that I'll be seeing this mid to end of next week now and not tomorrow....

As some of you are waiting patiently for this set, I can only offer my appologies for another delay.

As soon as I have 'em you'll be the first to know

atb
    Ash

HI Ash,

any sign of this tv yet, also do they do this in 37 inch and if so what is price

thanks

section 4

Hi Section4

I'm still expecting them mid-to-end of the week.
    I believe Philips are due them back into stock tomorrow afternoon so I'd say if i'm REALLY LUCKY I'll see them in the next couple of days.

I'll post up whan I see 'em.

The 37PFL5604 is a June release (no confirmed date as yet.
    I estimate it will be arround the €899.99 price mark but thats to be confirmed.

Thanks for the interest

Cheers
    Ash

Hi all

I've just been told that I'll SHOULD see the 32PFL5604H in tomorrow by the Philips Sales team.
    My fingers are crossed for that...

Ash

Ladies and Gents

I have finally received, after many delays, the 32PFL5604H
    LCD TV....

To refresh your memories regarding its specs, have a looksee here
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5604h_12/32pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

It's a good looking TV, we have it running Freesat in store at the moment.

Call on in and have a play with it

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I am not expecting miracles for a relatively low priced tv, but over the coming weeks if you could check the following it would be great

1. what are black levels like?

2. What is the picture like when the tv upscales a sd source?

3. Any noticable lag when gaming (ps3) ?

4. It does not have 100hz so will there be (bad) motion blur?

5 Does it support 1080p / 24fps?

I am using my 1080p pc monitor and while not ideal for movies it is ok.

I am sort of waiting on the sammy LE40B650 when it can be shipped from richer but if the philips ticked those 5 boxes then i would probably snap it up as i have just bought a ps3 and sound system and money is tight.

Cheers

John

Hi Moonboy52

Right lets answer some of your questions re the 32PFL5604H

1. what are black levels like? Actually pretty good, they are better then the out going 32PFL5603

2. What is the picture like when the tv upscales a sd source? Its grand, we have it showing Freesat HD at the moment. But earlier we had it upscaling from a DVD player outputting 576p and you can't see any artefacts from regular viewing distance plus the fact its a smaller screen size its not really going to be an issue.

3. Any noticable lag when gaming (ps3) ? I'm not allowed one of these so cant say!

4. It does not have 100hz so will there be (bad) motion blur? Motion blur is pretty mild - Pixel Plus HD helps processing wise - It's not as good as our TV's with 100Hz but then our step up model, the 32PFL7404H which will offer that feature will cost €799.99

5 Does it support 1080p / 24fps? Certainly does looks execellent as well when doing so!

I am using my 1080p pc monitor and while not ideal for movies it is ok.
    PC monitors whilst they can be good generally dont have decent image processing that you'd find in a standard TV - TV's have a whole suite of processors designed to get the most from dynamically moving images - PC monitors tend to be more optimised for static images and text etc.

hope this is of help.

Cheers

Ash

Thank you Ash for your honest answers. You guys certainly know how to treat a potential customer, so kudos on your customer focus!

Time to weigh up the pro's and cons of another relatively large purchase:).

Hi Moonboy52

Your welcome.

Now just to tempt you even more.
    I have a rapidly dwindling supply of 32PFL9613H I can sell for.............................................................
    €699.99:D
    you save €500 from our reg price of €1199.99:D
    (As the weather is all over the place today, this is a "Crazy From The Heat" offer - -- bonus prize if anyone can tell me who wrote a book titled that!)

This is strictly an call into shop type offer and they are going FAST...

Anyone tempted.......

Ash

Nice offer!

Trying to find some reviews on the model. Is this model the Philips Cineos 32PFL9613D or close? (different letter at end for a different country maybe)

If so trusted reviews rate it very highly.

Edit: Shame i dont have a car :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 la poim

Nice offer on tv.
    Does the Boardies 10% apply?

many thanks

PS;David Lee Roth

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hi Nicole,

I see Powercity are offering the 32PFL5604 for €559.95, can you do better than this? And will the boards discount still apply?

Thanks

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Nice offer!

Trying to find some reviews on the model. Is this model the Philips Cineos 32PFL9613D or close? (different letter at end for a different country maybe)

If so trusted reviews rate it very highly.

Edit: Shame i dont have a car :(

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hi Moonboy.

The 32PFL9613D is the exact same as the 32PFL9613H bar the "D" model does not have the MPEG4 Tuner built in. This will enable you to pickup the digital broadcast coming from RTE at the moment and we hear other stations in the future. The "D" is for an MPEG2 tuner and the "H" is the hybrid MPEG2 and MPEG4 tuner.

This is without a doubt one of the best TV's to have passed through our doors and at €699.99 is an absolute bargain!!!

Thanks,
    Nicola. :D

la poim wrote: »
    Nice offer on tv.
    Does the Boardies 10% apply?

many thanks

PS;David Lee Roth

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey La Poim. The 10% discount does not apply to the 32PFL9613H as we have cut this down by a massive €500 already. But this is an amazing price for a simply outstanding TV. If you are around pop in and see it in the flesh and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Nicola

Hi Nicole,

I see Powercity are offering the 32PFL5604 for €559.95, can you do better than this? And will the boards discount still apply?

Thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Magic,

We can do this set for you @ €540.00. Its nice to have that boards discount:D.

Just give the store a buzz or post if your interested or have any questions.

Thanks,

Nicola.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thanks Nicola, might pick one up next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

http://www.buy4now.ie/arnottsstore/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=6270&loc=P&catid=64.11

Can you beat this price ?

Dont think so.....hope you prove me wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Kev. wrote: »
    http://www.buy4now.ie/arnottsstore/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=6270&loc=P&catid=64.11

That would be cool.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kev,

do you know what model this is - it conveniently does not have a model number on the weblink?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kev,

got the info at last (had to get one of my Colleagues to personally go to Arnotts as there was not much info available via the Phone)

The TV in question is a 32PFL3404 and it is not Full HD as described in the link and the picture is not of the 3404 either! The sales Colleague behind the counter in Arnotts Electrical dept said that 'the TV advertised is a HD READY 32PFL3404 they are aware of the incorrect image and spec posted on line' however they are a concession in Arnotts and that 'Arnotts' must have posted the incorrect information.

The 32PFL3404 is a model that we are not running with - we start with the 32PFL5404H - however in light of the confusion caused by Arnotts I am happy to offer a VERY VERY limited amount of 32PFL5404H at €399.95 + PRF/Wee charge of €8 - please note this TV is out of stock at the moment - however we are expecting fresh stocks in early July.

Thanks as ever guys,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Hi John,

Can I put my name one of those TV's at the price you just mentioned?
    (On https://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60912629&posted=1#post60912629)
    Thanks,

Ronan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.