Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Multi-Story Car Park

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

I spend a few weekends down in Limerick and am getting sick of being screwed over on parking charges.

Where is the cheapest multi-story in the city centre or are they all much the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Compared to dublin or Cork there not that bad. usually around €1.50 - €1.80ph.
    Think jurys inn car park is cheapest. but is a bit of walk to city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Cheers for that Tockman!

The 1.50-1.80ph soon builds up when you are parked there for a full weekend :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

most car parks have weekly ticket rates. usually bout 20euro to 25. if your spending more on hourly parking rate. it would be worth your while buying a weekly ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I find the odds are good on street parking without paying, just pick somewhere reasonably quiet...... If you do it a few times and get away with it then there is of course the point where you can get fined and still have saved a pile of money.

- Also its a lot more convenient to chance your arm than it is to be buying those rip-off Discs or subscribing to "Thief-Magic"

I don't pay for on street parking in Limerick on principle - Its like encouraging and funding the Morons to continue ruining the City.......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Although not strictly City Centre it is definately within walking distance.(> 10 minutes)

Grove Island which is FREE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

the one down by abbey river house side of docs,in there, is €1 hr on saturdays,,or the one above smyths bar is €1.50 an hr everyday

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What about the car park at barringtons? Don't they have a cheap daily rate? Same for the one down the dock road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

mick_irl wrote: »
    Cheers for that Tockman!

The 1.50-1.80ph soon builds up when you are parked there for a full weekend :-(

I take it from that, that you park your car on a Friday evening and collect it on Sunday ? If that is the case, speak to the manager at each of the car parks, explain the story and see will they do you a deal. I know they are all feeling the pinch and might give you a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Park in the train station. €3 for all day

Advertisement